Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I partially removed the seat( was looking for something) So I tilted the seat forward and popped it of the track but now it won't re lock in. I was surprised that I could not find a YouTube video or anything searching these forums. Its a 2005 not that it matters. I think I am coming to to conclusion it would be best to completely remove the seat and reinstall it ?
Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well What happen was the track got misaligned I had some one smarter than me fix it for any one else with the same problem the solution was:
Remove seat completely
Grab the bar at the front of the seat ( bar is 1/4 inch dia. ) sorta shaped like a u with the corners angled at
Realign track
Reinsert seat

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don’t know if this will help anyone but in my situation the tracks got misaligned in mine while one of the rear mounts was stuck in place. This caused the small black lever in the back to not work on one of the tracks meaning I couldn’t release it and pull the seat up.

What I was able to do was jam a screwdriver into the locking mechanism and push it to release the lever and pull up the seat. From there you can grab the rail adjuster at the front of the seat (the one that does not have the strap attached to it) and pull it toward the seat and adjust the misaligned rail. They both need to be in the forward position where the plastic molding ends.

After that replace the seat in by hooking in the front hooks first and then pulling up on the rear strap push the seat down into position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts