Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

All right everyone?

I've got a trouble with my rear passenger seat, it is rattling and it comes from the base that attaches the seat. Everytime my car runs over bumpy pavements, it shakes a little and make a ruddy rattle. Can anyone give any suggestion for a possible fix?

·
Registered
471 Posts
i had the same problem twice already. one time a small piece of metal (no clue where from :?:) was in a hole where you mount the seats. second time I couldn't find where the noise was coming from so i took out both of the seat from the car and started shaking them upside down a coin fell out (once again no clue where from :?: )

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah, there was a coin that got under the seat slipping through the seat belt hook and i thought it was the culprit but i was wrong. after i took it out, i found out that it was actually the part of the seat that hooks to the metal bar on the floor of the car. it's loose and moves sideways which causes the ruddy vibration. i wonder how i could fix it! what happen to your seat now alien18?

·
Registered
471 Posts
it's good that you found a resons for the rattling :D . My seats right now don't rattle and everything is kool. and about your problem if your car is still on warranty then go to dealer and he'll do it for you, other wise, either play around with it or well... get a new seats :lol: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts