Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the rear seats of my 2004 Rav4 to pack for vacation. I was able to put the driver's side seat back with no problem. On the passenger side seat the release lever is jammed and I am unable to move it back into place. I cannot therefore hook the one side into the back hooks. I hope that makes sense. I wanted to attach a picture but I could not get attachments to work and also could not send with the picture within this post. I am looking to not have to take the seat to the dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have one stuck in . ( 2004 )

one side works fine , i had to pull up hard on the release handle to put it in sometimes .
I think the small lever might be rusted a bit on mine.

that is with it sitting over where it would sit on , i pull up on the bar / handle, or the strap that goes to the back.
I found putting a stick in the nylon extender strap can make i easier to pull on if the bar is not easy to grab.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok so messing with my seats i was able to 'jam' mine and un jam it .

you can pop the back hooks open without the rear lever .

each hook has a small slot in its rail about 2 inches away form the hook . there is a bit of the lever system exposed.
be sure the rail has not slipped from where it would be if the seat was all the way back. << double check that as it blocks the relase lever an dif your rail got bumped when the seat was off it could happen .

then , you can pull down directly on the stud / rivet thing that is just visible there . that will open the hook as if you pullte the lever at the back .

but if your hook is open and it wont lock .. that is when you put the seat down it wont lock in place , use a small screw driver to reach up over the tip of teh hook and pull it out or forward a bit .

you should be able to latch and release the hook with a screwdriver .

my problem is the 2 hooks have frozen with rust and the driver side one has a slight diff orientation on the door side . there is not a whole lot of room to free stuck seats that are stuck on the floor . LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts