Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear / second center seat belt, the one that extends from the ceiling, is there a cover that goes over the hollow recess where the belt is stored...or is it open? ... just want to make sure I am not missing any small trim parts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When you read the manual, it kind of implies that there is a cover. My Sport doesn't have a cover, so I thought that maybe the Limited models might have them. Can any limited owners verify it they do or don't?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And you're likely to hear it flap in the breeze w/ all the windows down bee boppin down the road. This anchor point arrangement could have been done better. But still not a deal breaker.
Rave'in about the Rav

·
Registered
5 Posts
jadenison said:
When you read the manual, it kind of implies that there is a cover. My Sport doesn't have a cover, so I thought that maybe the Limited models might have them. Can any limited owners verify it they do or don't?
I kind of had the same impression, but my Limited does not have a cover either.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The manual could be a little more explicit. In many cases, it describes things that are either limited to a specific model or is an option, but doesn't give any indication of it. For example, the instructions for removal of the cover over the spare tire are specifically for the Limited RAV4. I kept looking for the clasp on the bottom, as indicated in the manual, only to smarten up and figure it didn't apply to the Sport model. Toyota could work on their manuals. I guess I'd rather have a good vehicle and a less than perfect manual, rather than the other way around.

It helps to have the knowledge base that can be found in RAV4World, and all the helpful people here.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the manual they show it folded over once and stuck back it. I've done this to mine, it take some time to get it in there but once it's there it seams to stay. I will have to see what happens once the weather gets nice with the sun roof and all the windows open.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In the manual, it shows that if you fold it in a certain way and insert it into the slot in a certain way, it will tuck in nicely and be flush with the trim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts