Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If ive got 1-1.25 inch lift coils/springs on a RAV4 1994 what would a suitable rear shock absorber be...

now ideally, the lift springs (ome 2796) go with the following as a kit:

Old Man Emu (OME031): Open 627mm, Closed 379mm

But they are no longer available in the UK. The following are alternatives i have found, but all have different extended/compressed heights.

1) Which is most suitable with the lift?,
2) And does the extended length make much difference?

KONI (30-1599SPORT): Open 614mm, Closed 380mm
Bilstein B6 4600 (24-021203): Open 604mm, Closed 363mm
KYB (553195): Open 620mm, Closed 360mm

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
I've heard that people are more than happy with the Konis, that is probably the one I'll use when it's time to replace mine. By the way, I have the OME lift as well.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Does the extended length make much difference?

Longer the shocks are, more suspension travel is obtained. Suspension travel (flex) is what allows the vehicle to keep all four tires in contact with the ground on rough terrain... which allows the vehicle to maintain good traction.

Reactions: eodgator

·
Registered
609 Posts
When I heard that the OME kits for our Rav4s had disappeared from their webpage, I dropped them an email saying I was sorry to see them get out of the market. They replied that the kits were still being produced and were for sale in their catalog, just not on the website. I don't know if that also applies to the UK, but it is what they told me in the US.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a few around europe in stock, but they are not cheap :- and if I havent got the OME springs to go with the shocks is there much point.....lol ;)
I think will have to go with KYB montube rears (553195). Shame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts