Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture attached. Does it matter which way the metal tab that at the bottom of the shock faces (front facing or rear facing)? I heard it's for puncture protection, but I paid no attention when I installed the shock. Wondering if I REALLY need to take it apart and adjust it.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. By the way I would NEVER recommend SACHS shocks. I bought them on Rockauto. The ride's been super harsh and bumpy and both shocks started leaking oil less than a year into it. Went back to OEMs and it was a day and night difference!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks. By the way I would NEVER recommend SACHS shocks. I bought them on Rockauto. The ride's been super harsh and bumpy and both shocks started leaking oil less than a year into it. Went back to OEMs and it was a day and night difference!
Good to know....thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you run alot of gravel/dirt roads your shock will get pitted when that protector plate is located. Ours is pretty beat and rusted. That kind go abuse directly on the shock body would have killed our OE shock already.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you run alot of gravel/dirt roads your shock will get pitted when that protector plate is located. Ours is pretty beat and rusted. That kind go abuse directly on the shock body would have killed our OE shock already.
Which direction does the protector plate face? Front facing or rear facing?

·
Super Moderator
9,118 Posts
FWIW, when the right front strut went bad on our '06 I only wanted to replace it not both. To try to match the stock one on the left front I bought the least expensive one on eBay. It works perfect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts