Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have nay of you replaced your rear speaker? I managed to get one out, but I don't see how to remove the rear interior panel completely. I'll need to remove it completely because I have to drill into the frame to mount the new speakers. Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Dnylrq,

If I remember right, besides the visible screws, you'll have to remove the screws from the storage compartment and the rear seat belt (I' think it's a 15mm bolt).

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help and the link guys, should be no problem now. I just hope the speakers I put in will produce some good sound, so I can remove my heavy box and subs I got in there.

peace

K

·
0 Posts
Front and rear speaker replacements

I may be doing it wrong but the link to Kentons Homepage doesn't appear to have any references to RAV4. If anyone can provide a 'live' link on how to emove the door panels to fit new speakers in the front and rear of a 1994 RAV4, i'd appreciate it. Cheers,

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Re: Front and rear speaker replacements

Kiwires said:
I may be doing it wrong but the link to Kentons Homepage doesn't appear to have any references to RAV4.
Uh oh... appears Kenton's site is having technical difficulties. Hopefully this is only a TEMPORY problem :?

As a BACK-UP source... you should be able to access the links near the BOTTOM of this page :arrow: http://web.archive.org/web/20060218102319/http://www.rahul.net/kenton/rav4/ :D (courtesy of web.archive.org)

·
Registered
654 Posts
oh yah and btw everyone the mounting depth on my speakers is a whopping 2.5 inches so im pretty sure just about any speaker fit
and make sure i had a 98 and the rears were only 5.25s in it or you could cut a bit and put the 6.5s in

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've gotta question for 2 dr owners.. Are there only 4 speakers in the 2 dr? I am looking at the 5 dr 4.1, and it looks like they have 6 speakers all together. I have 2 speakers up front, and 2 in the back, by the passenger seats... I am looking at Kenton Lee's pictures, and there shows another set of speakers in the rear trunk panel, are there any in the 2dr? It's late here and I haven't check on my 2 dr since owning it... and it does have speakers in the rear, I haven't heard much music from the rear. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts