Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the end caps for the rear steps (the metal thing that covers the hitch) can be removed without destroying them? I am missing the passenger side end cap and have a potential donor for the other side -- if we can figure out if it can come off.

Alternatively, I could buy the whole step for probably pretty cheap but then we'd still be back to taking off an end cap without maiming it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Red

·
Registered
621 Posts
2 bolts hold the bracket to the metal part, and 2 bolts hold the end-cap to the bracket.

Easy.

Reactions: RedSoprani

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! There's a guy on Craigslist selling a '97 Rav with close to 300,000 miles on it. His rear step also has a broken end cap, and his remaining cap is the one I need -- I think. Removing the remaining end cap isn't going to change the vehicle's value so I think he is game to give it a go and sell off that one little piece.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks again,
Red

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hope you managed to obtain the other end cap!

Does anyone here happen to have the fitting instructions for the rear step?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Clean any rock, pine-cones and large bits of dirt off the top of the hitch. Set the step on the cross-bar of the hitch and slide left or right to center the hole for the hitch, then tighten the clamps that hold the step to the hitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts