Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I pulled that fuse and it was blown. All good except for the fog lights. But the DRLS don't work. You guys made Grandpa very happy.Thanks to all. Now I will try to get the DRLS working

Attachments

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
DRLs only come on when mainbeams are off (Being a limited). So since we made you put it the stalk into ON position, put it back in AUTO and if the rear parking lights DO NOT come on...the DRLs should (in front).

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
500 Posts
If I'm not mistaken (I'm not near my car to check), for the fuse box under the hood if you remove the cover and flip it over it 'should' have spare fuses (10A) for you to use. If indeed the fuse inside the cab is burnt out as @Colonel pointed out.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
If I'm not mistaken (I'm not near my car to check), for the fuse box under the hood if you remove the cover and flip it over it 'should' have spare fuses (10A) for you to use. If indeed the fuse inside the cab is burnt out as @Colonel pointed out.
He got the rears working.

As for the FOG, make sure the light stalk is in ON...and mainbeams turn on. Then using that inner switch on the light stalk move it to the ON and OFF position and see if you see a difference.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I gotta
He got the rears working.

As for the FOG, make sure the light stalk is in ON...and mainbeams turn on. Then using that inner switch on the light stalk move it to the ON and OFF position and see if you see a difference.
Huzzah! We gotta see this bulb that caused all this drama once the fogs start working.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
If the bulbs are replaced with LEDs while illuminated there is a chance to pop the fuse. When you replace them always make sure the circuit is off.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Is this what you call the lite stalk? Also how to turn the
circuit off. The photo of the light lever was always set this way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
@420benz Rotate the red circle switch UP to the position that the red arrow shows. When your MAINBEAMS are on...your fogs will be on as well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Did that and they did not go on. When it gets cooler tonight I will look under the dash for the Fog fuse.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Did that and they did not go on. When it gets cooler tonight I will look under the dash for the Fog fuse.
Seeing as fuses are being blown, it’s unlikely, but the aftermarket LED fogs (if replaced) could have burnt out. Try putting back the OEM ones. If they are still in there than ignore this post.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts