Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Am not certain exactly what info you're looking for. From your question the answers would seem to be simple if your cover is missing: 1) Obtain new or used cover; 2) Install per the instructions which you posted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you misunderstood why I posted. I posted the images of Toyota’s printed instructions for those who may need to refer to them, but may be missing. There was an older thread (which I can’t locate at the moment) where a few people said their instructions were missing. I’m simply sharing my instructions for the benefit of others...

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
That's interesting how you can show six pictures because I can't seem to remember anyone using google drive as a link.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Yeah, I misunderstood why you posted. The procedure is supposedly quite easy and for those who have those covers they're often removed routinely either partially or completely to check the spare tire and air pressure. Removing mine isn't easy since it is very tight and also take a bit of effort to put it back on again but it is rather self evident and straightforward.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Thank you for that, ToyoMotoDen! I'm going to go ahead and add those pictures to the thread here just in case the Google link goes bad one day...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
There are also less detailed instructions in the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Thank you for that, ToyoMotoDen! I'm going to go ahead and add those pictures to the thread here just in case the Google link goes bad one day...

Are the instructions for installing the cover different for the Limited? The less detailed instructions in my Owner's Manual mention hooks at the bottom of the cover which aren't present on the cover for my Base model. The illustrated instructions in the first post describe the cover on my Base since they refer to vinyl and elastic as well as a zipper.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Are the instructions for installing the cover different for the Limited? The less detailed instructions in my Owner's Manual mention hooks at the bottom of the cover which aren't present on the cover for my Base model. The illustrated instructions in the first post describe the cover on my Base since they refer to vinyl and elastic as well as a zipper.
Installing/removing the Limited clamshell cover is pretty much a no-brainer. Except for that time the dealership didn't install it properly. You hold it at about a 45 degree angle, hook the catch at the very top, and then lower it down while flaring out the bottom until it's seated. Then flip the catch which locks it down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When we recently purchased our pre-owned ‘11 V6 RAV4 at our local Toyota Dealer, the salesman apparently forget that we mentioned we already owned another ‘11 RAV4 that we bought new over 5 years earlier from them. So while he was doing the delivery walk-around with us he decided to pull the spare tire cover off to show us it was a full size spare and how to access it. But when he went to put the cover back on he couldn’t figure it out. I then stepped and reminded him we already owned another ‘11 RAV4 and that I have taken the cover off and on several times to add air to the spare. So I showed him how to put it back (just as the instructions suggest) and how it gets easier when you know the little tricks of starting from the top first and then working towards the bottom while turning it slightly left and right until it fully seats around the entire tire.

Could the design have been better? Of course, but with patience and the proper approach it isn’t all that bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks JuneBug! Glad to share the pics and I hope they are helpful to another member here in the future...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts