Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps this topic has come up before and if it has I apologize for it.

I have noticed that the words "Toyota" on my rear tire cover droop slight to the left. I have seen this on a few other RAV4's too. I have removed the cover and remounted it several times but the droop still continues. It seems nothing I do levels out the word Toyota.

Is this a factory defect? Has anyone figure out how to level out the cover so that the word Toyota does not tilt to the left?

Since the cover locks into place is there an adjustment I can make with the mounting hardware that fastens to the rear door?

Thanks in advance.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the hard cover. It would seem that to correct the problem I would only have to rotate the cover clockwise about 3/4 to 1 inch, but I cannot do this. The hard plastic cover has two centering tabs in the top and this postions (and centers) the cover onto the spare tire and also serves as the top fastening point. You just cannot rotate the cover clockwise anymore. Thats why I believed that an adjustment might be able to be made if I could refasten the mounting bracket to the rear door.

I'll try to get a picture and post it to this site.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes they have people like Kelly putting these letters on and they dont always see straight. :D The letters can be removed and new ones purchased and reapplied.

Just kidding Kelly! :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Nope... not me :roll: ajlepel's located in New York... I didn't do it :lol: Ever notice when following other cars... how many have CROOKED logos :shock: FWIW... a template is used when applying this TOYOTA logo. Possible that somebody had their template crooked :?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do like I did. My RAV came without any logo on the tyre cover. I bought the stick on logo and after carefully measuring and drawing a horizontel line attached the logo without any problem at all. The stick on logo is made by 3M. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Straightening "TOYOTA"

You can straighten the "TOYOTA" by taking the cover off, loosening the lug nuts holding the spare tire and rotating the stationary side of the cover, and then re-tightening the nuts. Although it does rotate very much, it will move enough to straighten out the word "TOYOTA" when you re-attach the cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts