Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the manual there are a pair of front and a pair of rear ones, but I can only find the fronts. Any able to help?

·
Registered
621 Posts
My 99 has 2 in the front and 2 in the back. The rear ones are at each end of the hitch.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll have a look under soon. I looked on Toyodiy and couldn't find any diagrams that showed them :/

·
Registered
621 Posts
Maybe someone removed the hitch, that would take the hooks with it.
It would also increase the departure angle. My hitch has the step over it and you might just make it out in my avatar, the hooks are a little lower than the cover.

The four bolts that hold the hitch on, or at least the holes should be under there.
You might have to create your own set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has the rear step same as roundabouts,and the 2 towing eyes are about 2 inches in from both sides,As Roundabout says if the eyes arnt their the fixing holes should be.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't suppose someone wants to take a photo of where they are for me? It's still fairly muddy under there ;) I don't suppose you unbolt the towing eyes to fit a towbar do you? I think a previous owner had a towbar on it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
mine was until the other day bolted on to where the tow bar mounting bolts are, i say was becucause it is now a rather compressed shape after bending the tow bar on a rather large stone, if the previous owner has fitted/removed a tow bar that would explain why you dont have them as after looking at another rav in a car park that one had two on it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Tried to find the part number before, just managed to find it, 51967-42010 is the towing eye and 90119-12209 is the bolt (which you need two of). Anyone know if the tow eyes are side specific?

·
Super Moderator
11,249 Posts
Yes, a previous owner must have removed them.
May I ask why you need them. For the extra weight? :shrug:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Needed to tow a car a short distance the other day, only have the pair of towing eyes on the front, reversing whilst towing isn't so fun!

·
Super Moderator
11,249 Posts
Couldn't you find them at what we call a junk yard over here?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm still trying to find one locally that is breaking one for parts, nearest ones is about 30 miles away, not worth the trip just for towing eyes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts