Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 LE
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search on here, but couldn't find anything in regards to trailing arm bushings. Looks like mine are shot. I've called Toyota and a few part stores in the area and there are no part numbers available for the bushing, just the entire trailing arm. Does anyone know if there's an aftermarket part number out there for just the bushing — can be OEM spec or performance.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 LE
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try this website. Enter you vehicle information and the part you need you'll hopefully be able to find the part number.

Thanks. I have checked there before as well and got the same thing — trailing arm and bushing come as a complete assembly.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I am surprised that the dealership could not provide a part number for the bushings. Just thinking out loud if they are a one piece permanently fixed to the trailing arm. I haven't looked at them on my RAV4, to confirm for sure. I have changed bushing before on other vehicles you will need an extractor tool to remove them, plan on a tire alignment afterwards.

Try NAPA auto parts they may have what you are looking for,...........

·
Registered
69 Posts
What bushing is the issue? Post pics so we know what bushing.
If Toyota offers it as a whole unit. That is the way it comes. If it broke down into pieces then OK. For most part it is a unit.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Looks like it comes as a complete unit, sorry it's going to be an ouch on the wallet,........look at it as investment you get to drive your vehicle for a few more years.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 LE
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like it comes as a complete unit, sorry it's going to be an ouch on the wallet,........look at it as investment you get to drive your vehicle for a few more years.
Yep — fortunately I can get the trailing arm from NAPA for a fraction of the price that Toyota sells them for. It's interesting, because Toyota sells the rear knuckle and bushings as one complete unit as well, but I was able to find the the rear control arm/knuckle connection bushing through Dorman — no way I'm going to replace the entire knuckle because of one bad bushing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts