Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at rear view cameras to install on my 2006 Limited. I was wondering specifically if the non-center mounted license plate will negate me being able to use a plate mounted camera.

I really like the way they seamlessly integrate with the frame in a low profile way. But I'm not sure if the camera needs to be mounted on a typically centered rear license plate to be effective. Thanks for any help with this.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,712 Posts
The OEM Toyota camera that was installed starting with the 2009 model was located just to the right of the license plate light. Most owner's didn't find the offset to be a big deal. You can also buy a camera built into a new license plate light that snaps in to replace your existing light.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The OEM Toyota camera that was installed starting with the 2009 model was located just to the right of the license plate light. Most owner's didn't find the offset to be a big deal. You can also buy a camera built into a new license plate light that snaps in to replace your existing light.
I use this OEM version from a Chinese site, and it works fine. The wide view of the camera makes that you see enough to navigate in reverse, even when the camera is out of the middle.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,712 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate it, thank you!

Its a shame that none of these seem to install without cutting and drilling to various degrees. But I guess the price justifies it. I'd be willing to pay more for a real "plug and play" but I can't seem to find anything other than these Chinese imports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts