Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Denso Ten Eclipse BEC113 camera from Japan and want to mount it on the oem spot in my 2011 Rav4. Unfortunately, the U shape bracket does not have a pre-drilled hole in the middel for me to secure it to the vehicle. It comes with a double sided tape but that just falls off after a few minutes. What are my options to secure it to the back besides drilling a hole? Does anyone sell a 1 inch wide U shape mounting bracket out in the market? Camera is fantastic but I don't understand how they sell a camera without the proper mounting bracket. Thanks

F/SECLIPSE BEC113 ECLIPSE dedicated back eye camera Powerful! JAPAN Import F/S 4953332683358 | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think you may need to make a hole in the bracket and mounting location so you can lock it securely from inside the swing gate. Even if you just screw it into the plastic through the bracket, over time, it may become loose and fall off. I had added one to mine almost a year ago, and though it was a lot of work, but it has worked very well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you mount it on the license plate light.
Yes, we plan on mounting it in the camera hole or right above the license plate using this bracket from Alibaba. Can't think of any other option other than drilling the bracket. I guess we can also glue the bracket with a sealant and it will hold firm. Thanks

US $1.9 |Stainless Steel Black Car Rear View Camera Bracket Holder DVR Parking Camera Metal Mounting Bracket Case-in Vehicle Camera from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress

1 - 6 of 6 Posts