Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please assist I need the fuse location specific location and amperage Please assist the under drivers side box is not marked. I'm needing the print of that box fuse designations at least the engine area fuse box has designators flip side cover

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Please advise the under drivers side fuse box fuse position id's. Especially the rear view mirror fuse location
Please assist I need the fuse location specific location and amperage Please assist the under drivers side box is not marked. I'm needing the print of that box fuse designations at least the engine area fuse box has designators flip side cover
Since you didn't mention what model year your RAV4 was, I assumed that it was somewhere between 2001-2005 since that is the section you posted in. I then guessed at the 2003 model year, since that was in the middle of the range.

I looked up the information you requested in your owners manual, and I am attaching the pertinent pages for you to look at.

The exterior rear view mirror fuse is in position #21 , and the interior rear view mirror fuse is in position #26

Attachments

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Glossary of owners manual 2001. Fuses. Incomplete I did not see a diagram like your 2003
I downloaded the 2001 model year, RAV4 manual and have attached images of the pertinent pages for you. Fuse #21 and #26 are for the mirrors, which is the same as the 2003 information I posted earlier.

By the way this 3rd request in 3.25 hours will not likely help you since it was placed in a section of the forum that is not related to your model year.

RAV4.2 2001 interior rear view mirror fuse location plz

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A 2001 is a RAV4.2 ? I pulled and looked at all 7.5 fuse none seen bad will meter the below is 2001 fuse locations? Thank you for the guesed 2003 . I guessed the place to post due to a similar fuse location and designation
Request

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see the date / it's a God send thanks . I am doing my best to keep the car as new the compass / temp mirror was discolored I found a replacement as I removed the old mirror - lights went out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pulled 26 and the left exterior mirror failed. Put 26 back in still haven't metered anything the replacement mirror wire protector is to short looking for both fixes now

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I am doing my best to keep the car as new the compass / temp mirror was discolored I found a replacement as I removed the old mirror - lights went out
I think this is the first post in which you specified that it is the interior, windshield mounted mirror, that you were inquiring about.

I downloaded the 2001 owners manual again, and I could not find any reference to a compass/temp mirror, nor could I find any reference to such a mirror in the wiring diagrams.

Are you the original owner of this RAV?. If so, did the RAV come from the factory with this mirror, or did you add it yourself?

If a previous owner added it, it was probably connected to the wiring that is provided for the moon roof. Do you have a moonroof, and if you do, is it working properly.

Does this mirror display interior or exterior temperature?. Did you need to run the wiring for a new exterior temperature sensor when you installed the new mirror.

Since you mentioned the lights went out, can you explain if this means the dome lights went out, or just the display on the mirror? Are the dome lights working now?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Rick,
I am the second owner. It is a factory installed mirror . I bought a used factory replacement mirror I have the replacement 2001 RAV4 2 mirror vin number. It's different yet the wire plug fits. Exactly. The mirror full time temp and compass lights failed . Dome lights function . Next Saturday I'll probe the moon roof fuse it has no moon roof.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think this is the first post in which you specified that it is the interior, windshield mounted mirror, that you were inquiring about.

I downloaded the 2001 owners manual again, and I could not find any reference to a compass/temp mirror, nor could I find any reference to such a mirror in the wiring diagrams.

Are you the original owner of this RAV?. If so, did the RAV come from the factory with this mirror, or did you add it yourself?

If a previous owner added it, it was probably connected to the wiring that is provided for the moon roof. Do you have a moonroof, and if you do, is it working properly.

Does this mirror display interior or exterior temperature?. Did you need to run the wiring for a new exterior temperature sensor when you installed the new mirror.

Since you mentioned the lights went out, can you explain if this means the dome lights went out, or just the display on the mirror? Are the dome lights working now?
MY VIN: JTEGH20V910034496

1 - 12 of 12 Posts