Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day,
I am wondering if I am missing a part here. My rear view mirror became dislodged. When I try to reattach, it's very wobbly and falls right off. I have attached photos of what I have to work with.
So I am missing a piece? Is my technique not correct of placing it back on? Or is the thin flexible plastic piece in need of replacement?
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Are you taking the plastic part off the Rav4 and working it back into the mirror arm, or do you just try to snap it back on with the plastic part still screwed down.?

In picture 1 the cover need to be removed. It snaps on after the mirror has been screwed to the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you taking the plastic part off the Rav4 and working it back into the mirror arm, or do you just try to snap it back on with the plastic part still screwed down.?

In picture 1 the cover need to be removed. It snaps on after the mirror has been screwed to the car.
Yes thank you. I unscrewed the soft clear flexible part. Then attached it to the mirror and screwed it back in and snapped on the cover. Bingo!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts