Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rear view mirror on my 2016 Rav4 Hybrid Limited. The part number I need is 87810-0WQ30.
Since the mirror is so expensive, I want to try searching the junk yards. Does anyone know if the rear-view mirrors from other Trims is the same? (such as from Hybrid XLE, non-hybrid XLE, LE, Limited, SE)

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Welcome! Was the problem with your OEM mirror due to a defect? If so, the replacement cost should be covered by the warranty. Otherwise, since you have the part number there are online suppliers who will change less than the usual dealer parts department price for another mirror if you cannot locate a matching replacement through a salvage yard. Or perhaps Ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&selfil=2%2C3%2C1%2C4%2C5&mvsub=1&_mcatda=true&selvel=Toyota%7ERAV4%7E2016%7EHybrid%2520Limited%2520Sport%2520Utility%25204-Door%7E2.5L%25202494CC%2520152Cu.%2520In.%2520l4%2520ELECTRIC%252FGAS%2520DOHC%2520Naturally%2520Aspirated&_nkw=rearview%20mirror%20Toyota%20RAV4%202016%20Hybrid%20Limited%202.5L

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion Blogson. For some reason Ebay prices are higher than other online suppliers. This mirror ties into the collision detection system. The whole reason I'm asking is that I ran into an issue with my windshield replacement - the windshield installer asked me if I needed a windshield with or with out camera - I told him with. So he installed a windshield from an XLE. Only after he installed it - we realized that the camera / mirror mounting brackets were different. After he looked into it closer - he said that the "hybrid" version had a different windshield than a non-hybrid, and that the hybrid version was only available through a dealer. Aftermarket windshields were not available for the hybrid variants.
Now i'm concerned that a mirror from a non-hybrid will also be different - and I won't be able to return it if I get it at a junk yard.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I wasn't certain whether the mirror you need to replace is a side rear view mirror or the interior mirror. Now that I understand that it's the interior camera/mirror I know that's a pricey item with the hybrid Limited RAV. If your windshield was replaced because it was broken by some sort of mishap wouldn't it and the camera/mirror replacement both be covered by insurance? Best of luck getting it all sorted out and at a reasonable cost!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Blogson. For some reason Ebay prices are higher than other online suppliers. This mirror ties into the collision detection system. The whole reason I'm asking is that I ran into an issue with my windshield replacement - the windshield installer asked me if I needed a windshield with or with out camera - I told him with. So he installed a windshield from an XLE. Only after he installed it - we realized that the camera / mirror mounting brackets were different. After he looked into it closer - he said that the "hybrid" version had a different windshield than a non-hybrid, and that the hybrid version was only available through a dealer. Aftermarket windshields were not available for the hybrid variants.
Now i'm concerned that a mirror from a non-hybrid will also be different - and I won't be able to return it if I get it at a junk yard.
Why not go back to the installer and say you put the wrong part in and strongly suggest he go to a dealer and buy the part and install it in your Rav at no cost. Let him eat the cost, it appears he messed up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not go back to the installer and say you put the wrong part in and strongly suggest he go to a dealer and buy the part and install it in your Rav at no cost. Let him eat the cost, it appears he messed up.
Windshield is not the problem - I had the correct one installed eventually.

I'm trying to find out if the interior rear-view mirror from other trim levels are the same as on the Hybrid Limited.

·
Registered
211 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts