Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried replacing the rear window glass on our 1st gens? Wind shattered the glass, and now I want to put it in myself.
1998 2 door RAV4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am hoping that it is just like this video I found on YouTube. I know it is on a Jeep, but it looks really similar. What does everyone think?
https:// youtu.be/RBXAIkRCBAs

·
Registered
609 Posts
The rear quarter-glass in your Rav4 easily unbolts from the inside and is easy to replace.

The glass on the back door glass is glued in place. The pros are cheap and they do it all the time, they even make it look easy.

Gluing in glass and wheel alignments are about the only repair work, where I prefer to hire the pros.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that is mostly what I do, but I thought I would be able to do the rear glass. Scraping the glue off makes me double think about this. Of course my hind sight is always 20/20.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was not that hard doing it myself. Make sure you get all the parts, the glass, the standoffs, the adhesive and make sure you have some really good gasket scrapping tools. Now since mine was shattered, I needed also my shop vacuum and a large trash bin. :) Just make sure you cut off as much of the old adhesive as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts