Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
7

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Has anyone heard of a mod for being able to open the rear window? The Escape and the CR-V have it and I think there should be a way to install one. I know the tire would be in the way but it would still be great to be able to open it up for loading long cargo and stuff. Any thoughts???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
986 Posts
One more place to create wind noise....

It might work on the older Ravs but not on the newer Ravs because it won't clear the spare tire.

There are no mods as far as I know, it would have to be a custom job if it can even be done, which I have never heard of someone doing.

I would rather just convert the entire rear door into a liftgate. I hate how it opens to the side, and the wrong side at that.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
737tech said:
Hello all, Has anyone heard of a mod for being able to open the rear window? The Escape and the CR-V have it and I think there should be a way to install one. I know the tire would be in the way but it would still be great to be able to open it up for loading long cargo and stuff. Any thoughts???
Man, I wish it would open. In fact I wish it was a power window that went down...that would be great! 8) Unfortunatly, like said, the tire is in the way IMO. :(
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff said:
I hate how it opens to the side, and the wrong side at that.
Wrong side for you boys, but for us "right hand drivers" the door opens just fine 8)

As for the rear door, I remember when I was looking for a car (before I bought the RAV) i almost settled for a Landrover Freelander (yeah I know, the most unreliable car manufacturer in the world :oops: ) and with the Freelander whenever you open and shut the rear door a motor pulls the window down a tad to let out the excess pressure or else the windows might get blown.

Now with the RAV that wont be a problem now will it? especially since the soundproofing is crap and the cabin seals are terrible :roll: so there are plenty of holes for the air to get out :lol:
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4runner

I also wish that the window went down. My dad drives a new 4runner and the window is powered and slides neatly into the rear liftgate. Thats nice for open air driving. Id be willing to pay for a mod like that if anyone knew the specifications of the door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
praveen said:
and with the Freelander whenever you open and shut the rear door a motor pulls the window down a tad to let out the excess pressure or else the windows might get blown.

Now with the RAV that wont be a problem now will it? especially since the soundproofing is crap and the cabin seals are terrible :roll: so there are plenty of holes for the air to get out :lol:
Actually the RAV has an air vent with flap located behind the rear bumper guards. They act as a pressure release when closing the doors. The next time you have an opportunity to remove the rear bumpers, give it a proper inspection. :D
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top