Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into my RAV the other day trying to wind down the back glass windows and they did not go down!

None of the back two. I tried opening them, shutting them, using the driver's side switches, using the actual backdoor switches.

I tried checking if the lock windows button was engaged or faulty, but it worked fine on the passenger side so I doubted it could be that.

Tried holding the button down for a while to see if somehow the position sensor was off -- nothing.

Any ideas?

I was gonna check my fusebox, but I figured it would probably be the same 20A fuse for all doors in one anyway so it wouldn't be sensible for only the back two door windows to not work.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I don't know about the 4.2, but my 4.3 has a separate fuse for each power window.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Got into my RAV the other day trying to wind down the back glass windows and they did not go down!
Your profile says you have a 2012 RAV4, but you posted this in the 2001-2005 section.

In order to provide you with any suggestions it would be helpful to know what model year your RAV4 really is.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
There is a switch on the drivers side ( where the power window and lock control is) that prevents the 2 rear passenger windows from opening if that is pressed. Press that button which has a X (or cross marking). This button is to prevent young children from playing with the windows controls by deactivating the switch

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your profile says you have a 2012 RAV4, but you posted this in the 2001-2005 section.

In order to provide you with any suggestions it would be helpful to know what model year your RAV4 really is.
I'm sorry about that. I actually have a Third Gen 2012 4WD Base 2.5L RAV4 as well as a Second Gen. When I signed up for the forum, though, I didn't have the older RAV.

In short: I posted in the right section, sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a switch on the drivers side ( where the power window and lock control is) that prevents the 2 rear passenger windows from opening if that is pressed. Press that button which has a X (or cross marking). This button is to prevent young children from playing with the windows controls by deactivating the switch
When I said: "I tried checking if the lock windows button was engaged or faulty, but it worked fine on the passenger side so I doubted it could be that." I think I was referring to what you are talking about.

In other words, there is a button that stays up/down that determines whether or not the other non-driver windows can go down. Using the passenger front as a test, I determined that button seems to be working properly. E.g. when it is locked, I cannot raise/lower the front passenger glass. When it is not locked, I CAN lower the raise/front passenger glass. Regardless of whether it is locked or not, I cannot raise/lower the back glasses.

In truth, I tried it again this morning and one was working, then a bit later both where. I gently knocked them a bit to see if maybe something needed some shaking up. Not sure if this indication that it is probably intermittent helps any in the diagnosis.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Sounds like a connection problem but usually those connectors for the window are quite tight but you never know until you examine it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts