Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the length of the rear wiper? I heard it's 10", but I cannot find this information anywhere online to confirm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's a 10" wiper. I tried looking everywhere to see where they could sell it, but no luck. Last resort was Toyota and they sold me it for 26$ :(

·
Registered
450 Posts
It's a 10" wiper. I tried looking everywhere to see where they could sell it, but no luck. Last resort was Toyota and they sold me it for 26$ :(
That's for the whole assembly or just the refill? Seems expensive for just the refill.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No. I was trying to look for wipers that were compatible with my 2013 RAV4. No brand seemed to manufacture it so I just went to my local Toyota and asked if they sell the wiper. Would be funny if they said no though. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. I was trying to look for wipers that were compatible with my 2013 RAV4. No brand seemed to manufacture it so I just went to my local Toyota and asked if they sell the wiper. Would be funny if they said no though. :D
Won't any 10" wiper fit it? I'm looking at a couple of 10" blade from TRICO, Valeo, and Bosch

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
In the FWIW department, I've been using the Toyota OEM refillable on my all my wipers for 8 years on my 09. I always thought it was a good deal (a replaceable item instead of whole arm) Toyota offered. The last rear refill at the local dealer was $3.48, but that was a couple years ago. Never had an issue with the arm tension or a need to replace the whole assembly --though it may be necessary in extreme use situations.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
In the FWIW department, I've been using the Toyota OEM refillable on my all my wipers for 8 years on my 09. I always thought it was a good deal (a replaceable item instead of whole arm) Toyota offered. The last rear refill at the local dealer was $3.48, but that was a couple years ago. Never had an issue with the arm tension or a need to replace the whole assembly --though it may be necessary in extreme use situations.
Agreed.. no need to replace the whole arm. Just get the refill.

Check here for your year and model.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-OEM-...ash=item3ab3ec7e35:g:3EwAAOSwo4pYlppy&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
450 Posts
Same here. Have been using just OEM refills only since '08. They last. Cheap and easy to replace. I like the OEM arms design, permanent color, no paint peels. No problem with mechanism.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
In the FWIW department, I've been using the Toyota OEM refillable on my all my wipers for 8 years on my 09. I always thought it was a good deal (a replaceable item instead of whole arm) Toyota offered. The last rear refill at the local dealer was $3.48, but that was a couple years ago.
Same here, but last time I got refills at the dealer, the price had jumped to over $9 each. Same price for all refills, driver's side, passenger side, and that little 12 inch on the rear.

·
Registered
139 Posts
WIPER REFILL LEFT 8521402340
WIPER REFILL RIGHT 852140R040
WIPER REFILL REAR 8521442060

Reactions: blakeW

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had the same problem, and yes it is the 10" specifically for rear window, AdvanceAutoParts had it but was "out of stock" so ordered me one sent straight to store, $10-$11 bucks no problem,, just some random brand i think it was TRICO...........

the little safety cover is the trickiest to take off - you think it's a huge deal but really just pull it back and lift up, easy peasy, swap the wiper all good now :)

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts