Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear wiper intermittent frequency is constant

It was raining today and I switched on the rear wiper. The constant was too frequent and the intermittent seemed too infrequent. I tried all three of the intermittent settings and the duration between each was too long; in fact they seemed oddly similar to one another. When I got home and parked I timed the intermittent modes and, sure enough, all were exactly the same at twelve seconds between wipe.

Anyone else have this problem? How do I make the intermittent wipe settings actually have different frequency?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
The intermittent interval on the rear wiper is fixed. There is no adjustment.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha really? Why make an intermittent wiper with only one frequency setting? Why does the stalk have three different options for the intermittent frequencies then?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
haha really? Why make an intermittent wiper with only one frequency setting? Why does the stalk have three different options for the intermittent frequencies then?
The interval setting is for the front wipers only. When the 2013 LE came out, it had only one fixed setting for the front wipers as well, unlike the previous models. Toyota does it to save a yen or two.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When the 2013 LE came out, it had only one fixed setting for the front wipers as well, unlike the previous models. Toyota does it to save a yen or two.
Yeah I think I read that thread. That seems ridiculous to me. Even cheap cars from the 80s had intermittent wipers. Well, I guess this is something I can live with, the rear window didn't seem to get very wet.
Do the limited models have an adjustable rear wiper frequency?

·
Registered
202 Posts
The rear wiper on my Limited has 2 settings: intermittent and constant. No adjust-ability on intermittent speed. I actually don't mind it and would rather see a front rain sensing wiper feature make its way to the US RAV 4 market.
Other markets have this feature as standard and some even have headlight washer nozzles.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone checked TechStream? I have a few adjustments for the rear wiper available on my 4Runner.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not, although this really does not bother me now. I just thought it was curious. Really there's probably not much need for a variable speed rear wiper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts