Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bad cell in a battery and it was replaced under warranty (thank goodness), but now the rearview mirror is dark and the backup camera no longer works. I have tried to find a code in my owner's manual to use to restore both of these items, but so far, nothing is showing up under the obvious headings.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there any way to restore the rearview mirror and backup camera?

·
Registered
565 Posts
What year and model is your car?
In my 2011 Limited I just replaced my battery this year and I didn't have any issues with the mirror back-up view.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Did you check if the auto switch is selected?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'll see what I can do. I did read the manual. However, it's put together for motor heads and I am not one!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The auto button does nothing for my problem. I think something got messed up at the repair place that put in the new battery. Needless to say, I'm not going back there. They worked on the problem for three hours and never got it fixed.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Might not be their fault. I can't imagine a process that replacing the battery would do that. Like I said, I replaced mine by myself, on my driveway (where my car died) in like 20 minutes. No special procedure.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
If your auto button does nothing this means no power (green light). Perhaps a fuse is blown. Check all the fuse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts