Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Gentex rearview mirror; with Homelink, compass, and auto dim; to replace the standard mirror in my 2015 RAV4.

When my dealer's service department removed the stock mirror, they discovered the new mirror's mount was not wide enough to fit the windshield button. By the time I got to ask the tech questions, the old mirror was back on, so I couldn't measure its width (and no one at the dealership knew the width, nor at Toyota Customer Service).

Does anyone know what the mirror's bracket's opening size should be to fit the button? I measured the bottom width of my stock mirror (42mm) and the one I had bought (35mm). The new mirror's internal channel width is 23mm, so I'm guessing the correct internal channel width is 30mm; but was hoping someone here could provide that number.

Many thanks for any help.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've changed rear view mirror and still keep the original one. The width is different. bottom width, inside to inside is 25mm, edge to edge is 23 mm, the smallest side I can only measure edge to edge, which is 20mm. Mine is 2015 RAV4 LE. The mirror you bought is correct! I don't know how the button part on your windshield is so big. That one maybe no original one if you bought used car.

There is only one screw to take the rear view mirror off. Why don't you just take your original mirror off and measure the button part.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply.

I purchased my RAV4 XLE new at the dealer where I took it for the replacement. The stock mirror does not have the torx screw (at least I didn't see one) for removal; I'll check again. The new mirror's instructions did come with instructions for removing the old mirror, but I can't get it removed.

Perhaps the button is not the correct one, I'll have to follow up with the dealer.

When you say "...bottom width, inside to inside is 25mm," are you referring to the channel width that slides onto the button? While your 25mm is wider than my 23mm measure, my bottom width measures, outside to outside, (stock: 42, new: 35) are much wider, so I would have thought the opening would be more than 25mm.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes inside to inside is the channel bottom width, which is 25mm. Top width of the channel is 23mm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently purchased a Gentex rearview mirror; with Homelink, compass, and auto dim; to replace the standard mirror in my 2015 RAV4.

When my dealer's service department removed the stock mirror, they discovered the new mirror's mount was not wide enough to fit the windshield button. By the time I got to ask the tech questions, the old mirror was back on, so I couldn't measure its width (and no one at the dealership knew the width, nor at Toyota Customer Service).

Does anyone know what the mirror's bracket's opening size should be to fit the button? I measured the bottom width of my stock mirror (42mm) and the one I had bought (35mm). The new mirror's internal channel width is 23mm, so I'm guessing the correct internal channel width is 30mm; but was hoping someone here could provide that number.

Many thanks for any help.

That was most likely a rare Mazda mirror say 07 CX7 maybe Japanese built?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts