Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would feel better if someone's VIN actually matched on the NHTSA website. Right now I am not sure if the site is even updated with the latest recall since everyone seems in the clear.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
The total number of recalled vehicles is only 44k, considering there were over 400k '19 Rav4s alone sold, even if they were all '19 Rav4s that's only ~10% of them, the total of all those vehicle models with the A25A engines won't affect very many Rav4 owners.
Yeah this is no big deal.

It only leaks oil and coolant and can cause a fire.

And the hybrid fuel tank issue is no big deal.

And the gas transmission issue is no big deal.

And the driveline disconnect is no big deal.

This has to be the worst launch ever for Toyota.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I’ll be talking with Toyota about this as I have had a Hybrid System Malfunction warning and major engine noise.
No recalls for my 2020 Hybrid LE with J vin number. In the meantime, I am having all kinds of problems with this car.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah this is no big deal.

It only leaks oil and coolant and can cause a fire.

And the hybrid fuel tank issue is no big deal.

And the gas transmission issue is no big deal.

And the driveline disconnect is no big deal.

This has to be the worst launch ever for Toyota.
They say to not buy the first year of a redesign. It is 2020 and nothing has changed.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Japan built in Sept. 2019. VIN listed 0 recalls when I searched the NHTSA site.

I did pop the hood when fueling yesterday and thought I smelled a hint of antifreeze, I had been driving it a lot that day though. Guess I'll keep an eye on it. 🙄

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
If you know 44K...why wait to notify until April if "in theory" NTSB has it now? Something doesnt add up...

What Owners Should Do: Lexus manufacturer Toyota will begin notifying owners in early April.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My 2020 rav4 Limited , Canadian-built in November, Which I ran vin against the NHTSA link above and returned “0 Unrepaired Recalls”...so hope I dodged this one...otherwise, that 2020 Mazda CX-9 (E.g. “the one that got away”) is looking awfully appealing right now...

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you know 44K...why wait to notify until April if "in theory" NTSB has it now? Something doesnt add up...

What Owners Should Do: Lexus manufacturer Toyota will begin notifying owners in early April.
I’m guessing that the engine plant has to start building the extra 44k engines (with new blocks) for the recall, and once they notify owners of the affected vehicles , people will expect that Toyota can start fixing their cars immediately... So they probably need a couple of months to get their suppliers and plants ready for the recall.

·
Registered
996 Posts
They say to not buy the first year of a redesign. It is 2020 and nothing has changed.
2020 is still a "first year". Although I have bought first year models a bunch of times from other manufacturers and never had any major issues or recalls. Thought that Toyota known for its reliability would be even better but looks like I was wrong in this assumption.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would feel better if someone's VIN actually matched on the NHTSA website. Right now I am not sure if the site is even updated with the latest recall since everyone seems in the clear.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
As quoted from the NHTSA site:
"There may be a delay with very recently announced safety recalls for which not all VINs have been identified. VINs are added continuously so please check regularly. "

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks for posting.

So its 44,000 RAV4, Camry, Lexus ES300H - so its more like 44,000 out of maybe close to a million - so less than 5%. Still I would feel better if someones hit on the NHTSA website - but I would feel bad for them. If its mine - I think I'll just trade it in rather than deal with the engine swap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's the Toyota Pressroom safety recall notice.

Unfortunate the Toyota press release does not indicate the manufacture dates. A broad range of vehicles, wonder how they determined 44K ?

This plus the fuel pump recall announced in Jan for 700K vehicles does not bid well for Toyota.

Toyota is recalling nearly 700,000 vehicles because of issues with the fuel pumps

• Certain 2018-2019 model year Toyota 4Runner, Camry, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Sienna, Tacoma, and Tundra
  • Certain 2019 model year Toyota Avalon and Corolla

21 - 40 of 402 Posts