Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to schedule the ESC recall with my dealer, and I am wondering if there are any other TSBs out there that I could have taken care of at the same time.

Does anybody have a list of TSBs for our Primes? I was not able to find anything in the forum.

Thanks a lot for any help!
I remember a few days ago reading a post about a startup "train horn" noise that was addresse by a TSB, but can't find it anymore now.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE in Magnetic Gray
889 Posts
Recall 22TA03
Safety/Noncompliance for Vehicle Stability Control System May Not Default to "On"

Special Service Campaign 22TC01
DCM (Data Communication Module) Reprogramming

These two are the most likely to be applicable for your RAV4 Prime. You can check for yourself at Toyota.com/Recall

Additionally, you are interested in:

T-SB-0042-22
Air Conditioning Compressor Humming/Buzzing Noise Upon Vehicle Startup

You might have to argue with the dealer for this one, because the service bulletin requires that the problem be reproduced before they apply the update. Many of us only experience this issue in cold months.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recall 22TA03
Safety/Noncompliance for Vehicle Stability Control System May Not Default to "On"

Special Service Campaign 22TC01
DCM (Data Communication Module) Reprogramming

These two are the most likely to be applicable for your RAV4 Prime. You can check for yourself at Toyota.com/Recall

Additionally, you are interested in:

T-SB-0042-22
Air Conditioning Compressor Humming/Buzzing Noise Upon Vehicle Startup

You might have to argue with the dealer for this one, because the service bulletin requires that the problem be reproduced before they apply the update. Many of us only experience this issue in cold months.
Thanks a lot, Tim!
Only the first one shows up, not even that special service campaign.
I am assuming I should be good just having the 22TA03 done, right?
We have not (yet) experienced the train horn, even in cold weather, so it probably would be a stretch to ask for that one.
If that 22TC01 is not listed at "Toyota.com/Recall", then my car is not affected?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am about to schedule the ESC recall with my dealer, and I am wondering if there are any other TSBs out there that I could have taken care of at the same time.

Does anybody have a list of TSBs for our Primes? I was not able to find anything in the forum.

Thanks a lot for any help!
I remember a few days ago reading a post about a startup "train horn" noise that was addresse by a TSB, but can't find it anymore now.
I was in today for a 15k maintenance and the recall software flash. Mentioned the heat pump tsb and they said the software flash for the recall issue should fix the humming issue. Guess I will find out in January if it worked.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was in today for a 15k maintenance and the recall software flash. Mentioned the heat pump tsb and they said the software flash for the recall issue should fix the humming issue. Guess I will find out in January if it worked.
So are you referring to "Special Service Campaign 22TC01"?

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE, former Prime SE [sold]
530 Posts
File them in the “probably idiots” binder. Move them to the “definitely idiots” binder when the train horn blows on the next cold snap. :cool:

it was two distinct line items on my service record. And for several others I’ve seen on here.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
799 Posts
They were wrong about that. I did them both myself, and they're definitely two separate updates for two separate modules.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ha... That is why I figured. Left the tsb doc that was posted here on the front seat as well. Seems they are annoyed to have educated consumers now. Thanks to bards like this of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts