Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recall for windshield wiper joint moisture issue. I had it done. With he hood up today I took a snapshot. The modification is quite extensive. (Did I shoot if from the wrong angle? From the left the vents are clearly very different. Let me know.)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Good to know pico.
Is the wiper shield - that formed black plastic under wipers arms, and between the fenders ?

On our Canadian 2008 RAV4, I have watched the wiper joints rust some.
- so I spray the wiper joints, with Fluid Film

Our Limited has electric heating element, in the bottom of the windshield.
- this largely helps to keep ice from forming on the wiper blades / I only use Bosch Icons blades

The second thing I like / morning snow buildup under wipers, is easy to brush out.
^^ Will the new Wiper Shield, be just as good as the old...in terms of cleaning out snow ?

·
Super Moderator
10,129 Posts
First I've heard of this.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know pico.
Is the wiper shield - that formed black plastic under wipers arms, and between the fenders ?

[...]

The second thing I like / morning snow buildup under wipers, is easy to brush out.
^^ Will the new Wiper Shield, be just as good as the old...in terms of cleaning out snow ?
Yes, it is the whole tray you see between the fenders. Snow accumulation is easier to remove than the original setup because less snow gets in there. I'm impressed by the build quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts