Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much inconvenience to me and my family, including my wife having to drive me back and forth to work (1hr each way x4) at ungodly morning hours, today I get NO phone call to tell me my RAV is done with the recall services, 3 total.
Knowing 3:30 is cutoff time for pickup (I was forewarned) I decided to just show up at dealership and pick her up. Sitting outside, ready to go, confused no one had the courtesy to call me.
Two out of 3 recalls performed. The control arm, which has basically become an across-the-board recall now regardless of whether or not you've had work done down there (I never did ). The svc guy tells me they didn't have the parts to do the control arm.
I MADE THE APPOINTMENT FOR THIS RECALL TWO WEEKS AGO. They have my model number, they have my VIN, they have everything they need to order the parts, but they wait till the day I bring the car in, with no phone call, to tell me THEY DON"T HAVE THE PARTS?!?!!??
I am a materials manager at a surgery center. I know you're coming in for a surgery and I prepare for it. You go into the OR, go to sleep, and then wake up and you're told "We didn't have the parts to fix you. We realize you booked your surgery weeks ago, and we actually perform this type of surgery all the time, but we simply didn't have the supplies. Sorry that you starved yourself after midnight, took the day off work, had your spouse take the day off work arranged for a family friend to watch your infant son...." anyone see where I am going with this? In my business, it's called malpractice.
And the icing on the cake: They weren't able to perform the most important recall, but did somehow manage to find a 'broken' sway bar? And actually sir, we recommend you replace both sides (of course you do!!).
Interesting, my mechanic who has taken care of my RAV for 8 yrs out of 10, just did an oil change and swap for 4 snows and NEVER NOTICED a broken sway bar, TWO DAYS AGO!!!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
What would probably result in a malpractice lawsuit in the U.S. medical world often comparatively is the subject for highly elevated blood pressure and heated verbal exchanges in the automotive service world. Maybe use a different dealer? :serious

1 - 2 of 2 Posts