Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
281 - 282 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry, you confused me with "(Seriously considered Gen5 hybrid but now want to wait until the fuel tank/fill issues are addressed) " so I thought "the issue" was the gas tank which would refer to a 2019.
Thanks for the responses Fred.
With some more homework I found link to document, "TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFETY RECALL C0J" which includes the VINs by year that are affected. With this I can screen any 2011s that I find for sale. (The link is in discussion, T-CP-C0J-A510-D/Safety Recall C0J-Rear Lower Suspension Arm/09-10-2012 started by JuneBug.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys, Late to the party 2021! but we just purchased a secondhand 2006 Rav and noticed the outstanding safety recall, after reading all I can I see the Toyota fix is to check torques and encapsulate the arm in resin, now ours doesn't have epoxy on but a plate attached with torque settings so I'm assuming this was maybe the first or second recall done, there is a lot of rust under there (lived in a saltwater island)!! So I don't want them to snap/move but also don't want Toyota touching them to make things any worse!!!
Shall I just leave them (no idea about any uneven wear not done many miles) should I undo them to check for rust inside threads? or should I just replace them myself and get alignment done afterwards?

281 - 282 of 282 Posts