Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I was reading a piece on AutoGuideToday this afternoon regarding a recall for Lexus. Apparently the 2016 XLE is also included as I just got an alert from Carfax. Toyota is working on the fix. Anyone else heard of this issue?

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/06/toyota-rav4-lexus-rx350-es350-stability-recall/

The Basics: Toyota will recall 4,170 examples of the 2016 RAV4, 90 units of the 2016 Lexus RX350, and 12,400 units of the 2016 ES350.

The Problem: A component in the brake actuator assembly may have damage from a manufacturing error. The actuator controls the anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control, and other systems. If the part doesn't work properly these safety systems might not activate properly.

Accidents/Injuries: Toyota spokesperson Amanda Rice told Autoblog, "Regarding the recent recalls, alleged crashes, injuries, and fatalities are reported in many ways to many different organizations. We are not providing specifics at this time."

The Fix: Dealers will check the brake actuator's serial number and will replace it if the part comes from a period when the damage could have happened.

If you own one: Toyota will contact affected owners by mail.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting, but it's too soon to determine. Most likely if you take your car now they will say a fix is not yet in place. I am sure this affects only cars made within the early November December 2015 production

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was reading a piece on AutoGuideToday this afternoon regarding a recall for Lexus. Apparently the 2016 XLE is also included as I just got an alert from Carfax. Toyota is working on the fix. Anyone else heard of this issue?

Toyota recalls 2016 RAV4, RX350, and ES350 for stability failure

The Basics: Toyota will recall 4,170 examples of the 2016 RAV4, 90 units of the 2016 Lexus RX350, and 12,400 units of the 2016 ES350.

The Problem: A component in the brake actuator assembly may have damage from a manufacturing error. The actuator controls the anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control, and other systems. If the part doesn't work properly these safety systems might not activate properly.

Accidents/Injuries: Toyota spokesperson Amanda Rice told Autoblog, "Regarding the recent recalls, alleged crashes, injuries, and fatalities are reported in many ways to many different organizations. We are not providing specifics at this time."

The Fix: Dealers will check the brake actuator's serial number and will replace it if the part comes from a period when the damage could have happened.

If you own one: Toyota will contact affected owners by mail.
Thanks for sharing this info!

If we don't get a notice by mail, or I don't find an official service bulletin on-line, before our Rav4 goes in for it's first service, I'll be mentioning this.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick follow-up. Took my 16 XLE for the 10K synthetic service today and was hoping to have the recall taken care of...however, although a "remedy" is available, the parts aren't. The Service Advisor has my name and number but said that it will likely not get fixed until I bring it in for the 15K maintenance. He cited a similar situation with Tacoma's leaf springs a few years ago - a fix but no parts.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Are Hybrids affected by this recall? The brake system may be a little different because of regeneration.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got the recall notice for my 2016 LE. Made an appointment and went in last week. After inspection, the tech said my vehicle did not need the replacement part. I ask about my wife's 2016 XLE (as we had not received a recall notice for it), and they checked by VIN and said it did not require the part either.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Got the recall notice for my 2016 LE. Made an appointment and went in last week. After inspection, the tech said my vehicle did not need the replacement part. I ask about my wife's 2016 XLE (as we had not received a recall notice for it), and they checked by VIN and said it did not require the part either.

What does your vin start with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I scheduled the inspection today and the service advisor said if the part needs replaced it calls for 5.2 hours labor to perform the work. Definitely won't be waiting at the dealership for that service to be done. My VIN starts with a 2.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Damn, so it's for Takata inflators!!! My 02 Civic had to go to the dealership twice and I'm anticipating our 11 Accord will soon too.

Edit:
There are no outstanding campaigns associated with this Vehicle Identification Number.

Maybe the database hasn't been updated yet. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Our 2014 went in for its 2 year service yesterday and nothing was mentioned about any
recall re rear seatbelts.
In fact I had forgotten all about it until I read this thread a few minutes ago :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I brought my 2016 rav se for the brake actuator safety recall in 2 different dealeship with the same reason given to me. The first dealership i went to, that was about a month ago. The dealership did not do the safety recall, did not even inspected it, the reason they gave me was they could not access their system. So they asked for my contact number and would call me ASAP as soon as they fix their system, until now i havent heard from them. I went to a second dealership today (where i bought the car) for the 5000 mile maintenance and the safty recall. Guess what, they didnt do the safety recall because again, they could not access their system and would just call me back. Wtf! So does anyone really had their brake actuator safety recall done?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I brought my 2016 rav se for the brake actuator safety recall in 2 different dealeship with the same reason given to me. The first dealership i went to, that was about a month ago. The dealership did not do the safety recall, did not even inspected it, the reason they gave me was they could not access their system. So they asked for my contact number and would call me ASAP as soon as they fix their system, until now i havent heard from them. I went to a second dealership today (where i bought the car) for the 5000 mile maintenance and the safty recall. Guess what, they didnt do the safety recall because again, they could not access their system and would just call me back. Wtf! So does anyone really had their brake actuator safety recall done?
I took mine in last week and they did the inspection. He said there is a QR code they scan on the part and it came back that it wasn't one of the defective ones. Seems odd, they should already know what part is in the vehicle if all they are doing is scanning a code. I would have thought they did a "real" inspection of it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts