Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Rav4 is going into the Toyota dealer because of a recall, dealing with seat belts next week ( 20 Sept. 2016), so ill have them do an oil change also :winkwhile its there. Any other Guys or Gals get a call from dealers about this recall ?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
My 2006 Rav4 is going into the Toyota dealer because of a recall, dealing with seat belts next week ( 20 Sept. 2016), so ill have them do an oil change also :winkwhile its there. Any other Guys or Gals get a call from dealers about this recall ?
No phone call, just the recall letter in the mail. Probably have it done next oil change or so.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got the recall notice a few weeks ago, but I very rarely have someone in the back seat. I'll wait until I get a recall notice for something else.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Got the seat belt recall notice some time ago and a little later another notice that the necessary part is available. Had the work done two days ago (14th Sept. '16) while my RAV was having routine service at the dealer. Ironically that rear seat is never used by people . . .

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We took our 2006 Rav4 to the Toyota dealers on the recall for the rear outboard seat belts. Not bad I took it to Woburn Toyota in Woburn Mass., they said two hours, but it was abot 1/2 hour waiting, and they fixed it in half hour , so a little over an hour wait.But it was funny as we watched television in the waiting room ,with stupid political stuff clinton saying she doesnt lie and Trump saying make America good again. The time went by faster. ha ha ha

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
We took our 2006 Rav4 to the Toyota dealers on the recall for .But it was funny as we watched television in the waiting room ,with stupid political stuff clinton saying she doesnt lie and Trump saying make America good again. The time went by faster. ha ha ha

LOL! I had the same experience while waiting for the recall work and routine service to be done on my RAV! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blogson what was the routine service they did on your Rav4 , I was busy today so I told them just do the recall work, Next week ill go in for routine stuff ?? my oil disapears so fast by putting in more oil , my oil is soooo clean. ha ha ha

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Blogson what was the routine service they did on your Rav4 , I was busy today so I told them just do the recall work, Next week ill go in for routine stuff ?? my oil disapears so fast by putting in more oil , my oil is soooo clean. ha ha ha

Routine services were engine oil and filter change, change brake fluid, and tire rotation. I have a prepaid service contract with the dealership for oil and filter changes up to 4x per year. Also as part of the service they do a rather complete check of the RAV for problems. They did try to sell me a new battery but I refused since I have a battery load tester and the battery had checked out well with 500+ CCAs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blogson, thanks for the Info. Ill have my Wife schedule it-- I wont need an oil change as I have one of those engines where the Oil just disapers ha ha so Iam constanttly putting oil in every 3 weeks, so the oil is very very clean.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On my 2006 Rav4 with this recall for tha seat belt fix, the letter also said the dealer will check the drivers side carpet for some kind of fault.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts