Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the rear control arm recall done about a year ago...I guess they expoxied something....now I took it in for an alignment and was told they can't do the rear because is "off". They want 700 to do the repair....if you have an adjustable rear control arm and then expoxy it shut...why should I have to pay for a replacement when it should be done with a simple adjustment.? It a 2009 rav v6

·
Registered
129 Posts
they were supposed to align first, then epoxy. it should show up on the service record from back then. if you need new ones now, i would just order them from rockauto (MOOG RK621848) for $100+ship for the 2 rear lower arms and install it myself. left and right is the same part

·
Registered
76 Posts
So what exactly is Toyota trying to fix with epoxy?

·
Registered
932 Posts
I had the rear control arm recall done about a year ago...I guess they expoxied something....now I took it in for an alignment and was told they can't do the rear because is "off". They want 700 to do the repair....if you have an adjustable rear control arm and then expoxy it shut...why should I have to pay for a replacement when it should be done with a simple adjustment.? It a 2009 rav v6
Had the same problem took it in and found out that there was a (TSB 0042-14) for this issue... adjusted the rear without removing the epoxy..for free.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/106-...ent-c0j-2.html

Scroll down to my username to get the PDF... take it in with you and be firm.

Do you have a extended warranty?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts