Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received an Entune Mandatory Update today. The install took about a minute and I can't see any obvious changes. Does anyone have any information about this?

2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited w/ Adv Tech Package

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you receive it?
It was an automatic update using my phone's data connection. I received a popup message on the Entune headunit screen with the option to install it now or wait until later.

After the install I didn't notice anything different. I saw a thread over on the 4Runner forum that seemed to indicate it may be bug fixes to Entune apps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Received an Entune Mandatory Update today. The install took about a minute and I can't see any obvious changes. Does anyone have any information about this?

2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited w/ Adv Tech Package

Hmmm. I wonder if this is unique to your trim level. I have a '16 XLE that I haven't driven since last weekend, but I'll look for the update as soon as I hop in it tomorrow.

Also, has anyone updated using the microSD card on the unit itself?

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Mine updated not long after I set Entune up on my phone, so it may just be an update that's been issued since the original installation at the factory.

The microSD slot card is only for navigation updates, so don't mess with the card that's in it, or you'll lose navigation, you have to buy new update cards from the dealer for about $130-$150, they're only issued about once a year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hmmm. I wonder if this is unique to your trim level. I have a '16 XLE that I haven't driven since last weekend, but I'll look for the update as soon as I hop in it tomorrow.

Also, has anyone updated using the microSD card on the unit itself?
Perhaps. The Advanced Technology Package comes with the Premium JBL Entune w/ Navigation so perhaps the update was only for those systems.

As I mentioned in a previous post, there is a thread over in the 4Runner forum about the May 4th update. One poster said they had contacted Toyota Customer Support who described the update as having something to do with Entune apps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got the update yesterday (May 4, 2016) also. I am now on CU.20.14 for all the modules. I don't know what it was before the update. Like others, I don't see any obvious changes. It will be interesting to see if the head unit lockup has stopped.

Vehicle is US version 2016 RAV4 Limited Hybrid with Advanced Technology.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I didn't realize that I needed an update. It just happened while I was driving. The system just rebooted itself without warning. Very disconcerting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any idea how someone in Canada would update their headunit? Would be nice if there was an update that can fix the obvious lack of bass on the FM tuner...

Sucks that Entune isn't really offered in Canada, missing lots of additional "features"

·
Registered
294 Posts
We don't really use Entune much on the wife's RAV. On the way back from Walmart, told her about the Entune update. Said she didn't see any updates happen this past week, but then again, she wasn't logged into Entune. So to see what happens, she logged in and the update popped up. Selected OK to download and OK to install - no big deal - only took maybe 3 minutes total.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have gotten a few of them in the last year. I posted about them, but nobody seemed to know anything about it. A message came up on the screen, it did the update, rebooted, and everything was fine. I have no clue what it updated.
I received my first update yesterday. The first clue I had that something was amiss was the names on my contacts didn't automatically transfer. The update pop-up then appeared, downloaded in about 30 seconds and rebooted as stated by joyridin'. I did end up unpairing my 6S and upon pairing again, the contacts transferred.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts