Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pointless. Letter says they are recalling our 2011 for the wiper linkage but specifies no time or solution. I've got the same situation with my 2013 Mustang regarding the air bag. So what's up with car makers these days sending out pre-recall or pretend recall letters? You can't do anything about it because even they don't know what the solution is or can't get parts.

Makes you feel like you're driving a time bomb!

Ok Rant off...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know the feeling. I also received the same letter from my Rav4 and I also received one from Ford for the rear axle reinforcement brackets from the first recall (on a Windstar). Another 'recall of the recall'.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Same thing here

Seems kind of strange to get a letter of a recall that says you will get another letter when they find a fix for it. Is this called a pre-recall ????

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Agree that the "recall" letter isn't really a recall - same on mine, no solution or time frame noted. The added warning on the letter about what to do if the existing mechanism breaks seems to be an effort by Toyota to prevent NHTSA from fining Toyota for failure to notify (recalling floor mat/accelerator problem) as well as owner lawsuits.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got my letter as well. Not too concerned about it. Live in a dry area and I park underground in a garage. Probably get it taken care of next year when it goes in for a full service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts