Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rav4 2017 limited. I noticed recirculation button goes off after I turn off the car. So each time I start the car, it goes to fresh air and then I need to push it to go back to recirculate. I do not use the auto button.
Is there anyway to make it remains in its last setting ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a rav4 2017 limited. I noticed recirculation button goes off after I turn off the car. So each time I start the car, it goes to fresh air and then I need to push it to go back to recirculate. I do not use the auto button.
Is there anyway to make it remains in its last setting ?

Probably a safety feature, so that the next person to drive your car, don't fall asleep from lack of Oxygen.
On my Rav the Recirculate only works in certain positions like A/C and definitely not on Defrost which Needs Fresh Air.
Ott.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I changed this on mine using Techstream. Turns out I didn't like it, so I changed it back to default operation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed this on mine using Techstream. Turns out I didn't like it, so I changed it back to default operation.
Thanks for your the reply.
Could you give me more detail? After you changed it with Techstream, how it was working?
Could it keep the last setting after you start the engine?

It seems this option is not on the Vehicle Programmable Options List

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/123-4-4-general/259769-2016-rav4-vehicle-programmable-options-list.html#post2385353

·
Registered
158 Posts
the car is designed to over ride recirculation especially during winter... it's a liability with windows fogging

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
I have an '08 Limited with the dual temp fancy shmancy set it and forget it temperature control. If the temperature is set to "low" recirc comes on at every start. If it is set above that then outside air shows at start.

Reactions: Nimbus
1 - 6 of 6 Posts