Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the truck in today to have them look at the front passenger seatback which does not come back after I recline it. I have to pull it back up with my hand. They said it is not normal and ordered a new seat track for it. Should have it in a few weeks.

F

·
Registered
168 Posts
hmm....I might have to take mine in too since it doesn't go back unless I sit in the seat.

Did your dealer provide a loaner? Or they just ordered the part and you'll bring it in when the part comes in?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I tried mine while I was sitting in it and it will come back up only from a certain angle. Once I pass a certain recline point (pretty far back), it won't automatically come back up. It does the same thing on the passenger side.

U

·
0 Posts
Hi - I'm new here. I purchased the Flint Mica Sport.

I too have the same problem with the seat not returning to its upright position after pulling up the lever. Will have to arrange for it to be fixed.

J.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome, unRAVelled, and congrats! Love that color.

Frank, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to wait until I take it in for my first oil change. It's not something that needs to fixed right away so I'll save me a trip.

S

·
0 Posts
interesting... i am pretty sure that if you are sitting in it, it will be hard for it to come back. if it goes back when you are NOT sitting in it, it will be fine. I doubt you will see improvement with new ones...

thats how my prius works as well.

U

·
0 Posts
Nope, it does not return back to its upright position even when not seated in it. I have to pull it up. Definitely defective. - J.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sitting in the seat has no bearing whether the seatback comes back or not. Unless you are leaning back on the seatback while attempting to bring it back up.

WELCOME UnRAVeled!!
tell us more about you and your Rav!

spwolfx said:
interesting... i am pretty sure that if you are sitting in it, it will be hard for it to come back. if it goes back when you are NOT sitting in it, it will be fine. I doubt you will see improvement with new ones...

thats how my prius works as well.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have a 2001 Rav4, and the seat just barely flips back up from full recline position. Sometimes it won't even move at all, and it's been that way since day one. Does it bother me? No, because I can count on one hand the number of times I recline the seat in a year.

U

·
0 Posts
Hi Carol & Flyingn - as requested, I posted a few photos of my 06 Sport in my photo labum for your viewing pleasure. :D

J.

K

·
0 Posts
Very nice pics! Grrr, you're making me wish I had made my dealer find the Flint Mica instead of Silver. It really is a great color.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi. Went back down and checked for you, 'cuz last time I tried the driver's seat. Pushed the psgr seat all the way down/back/reclined, and pulled up the release lever; came up just fine. Now, mine is a base, not a limited, though I can't imagine that should make a difference since they're all manual seats, right? good luck.
john.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just found the TSB 'BO028-06' which resolve the problem.

So it's NOT a feature that the seat won't return to post. It's a fault.

I've shown this TSB to me dealer, but they said this TSB is just for US. Canada doesn't has the TSB for it yet?? So they won't do anything for me.

TSQ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts