Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any brochures yet, but do the seats recline to make a somewhat flat bed like in the last model?

especially for north american buyers, if the front and mid seats recline, you could get a really long bed.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
I don't think the rear seatbacks go flat back anymore... one of the reviews mentioned only three angle positions and the way they taper in at the sides to clear the wheel wells won't let them flop all the way down toward the rear door anymore.

But, with the larger cargo area and the rear seats folded forward, it might be possible to sleep on the cargo floor now (with the addition of some padding, sleeping bags or a mattress).

S

·
0 Posts
whats the use of them flaping backwards? Now, with one click you can flatten the rear seats, much more usable than before...

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Yep... that's it :D I folded some flat last night as a test. The rear seats are so much wider that when reclining they eventually are stopped by the rear wheelwells. Still... as seen in the above photo... not too bad 8)

·
Registered
57 Posts
seriously, I don't know how you guys can sleep on that. Tried that once on my 2000 Rav and it was so uncomfortable, with all those uneven cushions.

·
Registered
685 Posts
There would be lots of room to set up camp :wink: in the cargo area if they had put hard backs on the rear of the backseats instead of fabric......again!!!!! Three generations of the same crap.....these are utes......gives us hard backs so we can use the space......

Venting again.....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have an 08 and an 09. I could definitely sleep soundly in either. I now sleep in an orthopedic recliner due to a bad back. These seats are just as comfortable down, or up driving. And the heated 09 leather seats feels like I'm spooning with wifey!

the m0ng00se

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,489 Posts
badhabits said:
karrock said:
I believe this is the flattest the seats can fold...

Not to sidetrack the subject but is this image reversed or do you have a UK RAV.
Yes, that's a UK short-wheelbase RAV. Notice the small triangular shaped rear window. Apparently it also has no roof. :D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
junebug1701 said:
badhabits said:
karrock said:
I believe this is the flattest the seats can fold...

Not to sidetrack the subject but is this image reversed or do you have a UK RAV.
Yes, that's a UK short-wheelbase RAV. Notice the small triangular shaped rear window. Apparently it also has no roof. :D
And where are the doors???

the m0ng00se

1 - 18 of 18 Posts