Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just trying to plan ahead. My 2017 RAV4 Liberty will be ready for pick up in another week. I've always had studded tires on my Jeep, but that's gone now. Really need studded tires for Maine Winters. Does anyone have studded tires on their RAV4 . . . any recommendations on what to buy? I will also have them mounted so the switch over is not a big deal.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

FredSG

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Best ? Nokian Hakka both studded and non studded are the best winter tires IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Studded tires

Nokian Hakkapalita! Order them studded direct from the factory.
The best winter tires you can get and they are not as noisy as the others.
I use them on My Rav4 and my wife's Yaris

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GREAT. I have those tires on my Jeep Liberty, but wasn't sure how they would be on my "soon to be" RAV4. One more question, if you can help, please!

The tire size on my RAV4 Limited is 235/55HR-18.0. The size of the Jeep Nokians I own, and they are mounted on their own wheels, is 235/65-R17. So will they be OK on my RAV4?

Any comments? Will they work on the RAV4?

Thanks,

FredSG

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Try Tirerack for their tire sizer app to get an idea if the tire sizes are compatible.

Also, check the bolt pattern on the 17 inch wheels to see if they match up with the RAV4 lugs before you go too crazy. You will need new wheels if the patterns don't match.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts