Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a recommendation. I am 19 and I will soon have my first car to choose. I like SUVs very much, especially the RAV 4. The problem is that I have only driven an Opel Corsa in my life and I don't know if the RAV4 is a good choice for a beginner... Maybe a Suzuki Jimny or Honda CR-V would be better?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Recommendation

MpDzik said:
I need a recommendation. I am 19 and I will soon have my first car to choose. I like SUVs very much, especially the RAV 4. The problem is that I have only driven an Opel Corsa in my life and I don't know if the RAV4 is a good choice for a beginner... Maybe a Suzuki Jimny or Honda CR-V would be better?
buy a first gen rav MT

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a RAV4 2000', 106000 KM for 21000 USD. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Cars must be expensive where you live. I paid the equivalent of US$12,000 for my 2000 RAV4. But I'm very satisfied with it. It's fun to drive and was built well.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
A RAV4 is an excellent choice for a beginning driver. It is a dependable daily driver (reliable). It is slightly higher than other cars on the road and affords a great view of the road. It is small and nimble and handles fairly well; also good for parking in tight spaces. And lastly, it is a great choice because I own one and know it is a great choice!!! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I prefered CR-V than RAV4, because the space, leg room in CR-V is the largest among all compact SUV. I also like CR-V's classic shape. However, I finally bought a RAV4, after making brief research.
The major issue I concern is frequently reported burning exhaust valve in a CR-V engine, which will cost plenty money. A CR-V owner spent US$ 4000 on it a few years ago. Another owner saw 4 CR-V parked in a Honda dealer to wait for fixing this problem.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MpDzik said:
I like RAV's shape a lot more... :D
Me too :) Not to be bias, but I too have heard of some problems with the CR-V too. Including the one above, as well as some safty issues.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The first time I drove a car was a Chevrolet Corsica, and it really sucked! I'd driven it only for a couple of months (beginner too) and then I test drove my Rav 4.2... what a big difference. It was a very nice ride and it's best for shorties like me :p. I really like the front seat which you can raise to the level you want. It was the best choice ever :D.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Althoug CR-V has the highest ground clearance of 8.10 inches comparing with other compact SUV, it is equiped with 15 inch wheels, unless you buy the latest CR-V.
Because it is obviously larger than RAV4, the smaller wheels make it look like unbanlance. The smaller RAV4 with larger 16 inch wheels looks very stylish and dynamic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts