Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a sexy topic, but wondering if anyone has recommendations for good quality calibrated tire pressure gauge? I've used a digital one for several years and was recently given a higher-end ($17) analog. For fun, I compared and they were different by 5+ pounds, then went to America's Tires and did a check...all three were different! I'm pretty sure I've been overfilling now for several years on my other vehicles. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The question is - if all three are different, how do you determine which one is really right?

Reminds me of an old Three Stooges gag about telling time with 3 wristwatches - one is 5 minutes slow, one is 1/2 hour fast and one doesn't work at all.

Curley pulled out a pocket watch with the correct time indicated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've got a box load of gauges, cheap and good ones. I just keep trying several until I find three or four that agree with each other and go with it. Only advice I have to offer that might help is that if you get a dial gauge, try to get one that doesn't go past 100psi or so so you have a decent spread to read it. I also know most of my digital versions don't work accurately at lower temps so don't leave them in the car when it gets much below freezing.

Oh... And when you finally get that perfect tire gauge - you'll lose it somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts