Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering my new RAV4 Hybrid...I like the look of the contasting Ash interior.
Anyone have experience with how this looks after a while of use..dirt etc?
Recommendations for protection etc.
Thanks!
-Don in Seattle

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Fabric or Softex? Either way, use nothing on it for protection. Just clean it as needed with H2O. Softex is pretty much stain-proof.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't get one with fabric ash interior specially if you have a pet or little ones or both. It gets really dirty so easily. Mine did within the first week so I had the dealer changed it to Katzskin, after market leather seats with the same color matching to the dash leather color. That looks and works much better.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It would depend on what trim and exterior color you are ordering. If it is cloth I would get black. It would hide fabric stains better. I have black sand pearl and black SoftTex interior. I wanted ash for the contrast and brighter interior, but they gave me a good deal with what they had in stock. With the black SoftTex you can see all the dust and dirt. The ash would hide it better. The cinnamon isn't my cup of tea. But, if you like the sporty look it would be great with black, gray, or white exterior. I've never been a beige person, but the nutmeg interior seems to be a rare unicorn.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Depends on your region. Nutmeg and "Latte" are the same color Softex. Mine says Nutmeg on paper, but had Latte on the window sticker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
waffling on interior color

Thanks everyone, but I am talking about the fabric interior. I will NOT be getting the Limited so...
I like the look of the fabric ash, new that is ;-) but after living in it I may be sorry. Don't think the Softex is even available in the XT Hybrid.:confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks everyone, but I am talking about the fabric interior. I will NOT be getting the Limited so...
I like the look of the fabric ash, new that is ;-) but after living in it I may be sorry. Don't think the Softex is even available in the XT Hybrid.:confused:
XLE comes in cloth
Limited comes in SoftTex

It is not an option to get SoftTex in the XLE.

·
Registered
84 Posts
True, too bad XLE doesn't have softex option but changing it with the after market leather seats came out much cheaper than buying a limited. And after that I think my XLE has just about everything that limited ones have except birds eye view camera and 18 inch wheels which I wouldn't care much about. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the cloth ash interior and really like it. The ash and black combo makes the interior a little more pleasing to the eye and is actually one of the reasons I purchased that vehicle. I usually don't use my vehicle as a restaurant or coffee shop so I'm not that worried about spills or stains but if they DO happen I'm sure fabric cleaner will take care of it.
I've only had one car with leather (Corvette) and I just don't like it (especially when the leather starts cracking, the sun heats it up and you get in with your shorts on or first sitting on it in a cold winter morning) but that's just me. Maybe the softTex is a better option.

·
Registered
101 Posts
True, too bad XLE doesn't have softex option but changing it with the after market leather seats came out much cheaper than buying a limited. And after that I think my XLE has just about everything that limited ones have except birds eye view camera and 18 inch wheels which I wouldn't care much about. ;)
Wolfe, could you elaborate a little more about your after market seats? I am not fond of any of the current choices/Color combos, and that is one of the things holding me back from purchasing the the car.
Pics and or info on the process would be nice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am not fond of any of the current choices/Color combos, and that is one of the things holding me back from purchasing the the car.
Amen brother.

Where did Toyota get the dumb idea that buyers want two-tone seats or multiple different colors in the interior? Two-tone seats (orange and black? really?), black dash, grey headliner?

Our pearl white Prius v and Highlander Hybrid have tan seats, tan dash and door trim and tan headliners. Simple and elegant. We would have bought a RAV4 Hybrid (to replace the Prius v) if we could have gotten those colors. As it is, we'll just keep what we have.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wolfe, could you elaborate a little more about your after market seats? I am not fond of any of the current choices/Color combos, and that is one of the things holding me back from purchasing the the car.
Pics and or info on the process would be nice.
Capitol Toyota has a load that they put Katzkin leather in. Browse their inventory.
Toyota Vehicle Inventory Search - San Jose Toyota dealer in San Jose CA - New and Used Toyota dealership serving Campbell Santa Clara Morgan Hill CA - pn=100

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ash Interior

I think I have Ash (light grey) cloth seats in an XLE. Working out well, took a 3000 mi trip through SW including camping at GBNP. Much dirt is light colored and the seats clean up well with microfiber cloth. Like the feel of cloth. We did have dealer install seat heaters that work well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to everyone. I will try and stay with the ash cloth, but can always put the leather in later if I wish. Anyone have seat covers they really like?

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Use the 4.4 search this forum box for seat covers, there are several threads on it. Costco has some real nice ones mentioned several times.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Softex is not stain-resistant in my experience. I have several stains and have not been able to get them out. One from a bottle of soda that fizzed and overflowed. One was on the seat when I bought it. Nothing so far has worked to remove the stains.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Softex is not stain-resistant in my experience. I have several stains and have not been able to get them out. One from a bottle of soda that fizzed and overflowed. One was on the seat when I bought it. Nothing so far has worked to remove the stains.
Curious what type of stains these were? Do you know if it was an oily substance, or a coloration issue? I also thought the Softex was mostly impervious to staining, and it is good to know, this is not the case.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess we were lucky, my wife managed to spill red wine on our grey Softex seats and I don't know how many times I dribbled hamburger sauce on them. Cleaned up with a damp rag. Maybe because the Xzylon treatment actually worked.
We now have an electric blue RAV 4 with ash Softex, here's hoping they do as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts