Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RAV4 Hybrid just arrived at the dealership. They said I can come for it on Monday, I will send pictures when I pick on Monday.

I want to know what you guys think are "Must- have" essentials that I need to add? I live in BC, it doesn't snow a lot but it rains a lot, should I add the anti-rust and the remote starter? Is it worth it? What has been the experience for those who don't have the anti-rust?

·
Registered
Hybrid XSE, Blizzard
5 Posts
Must haves for me (22 XSE):

an OEM tow hitch for a bike rack (I'm installing it myself)
Wireless carplay dongle
Seat covers in the back because my kids are pigs.

I'm doing a Fluid Film treatment for rust but that's probably not needed where I live. Also gonna get some door kick and sill protectors. Gotta keep this baby pristine until I can find a Prime in the next couple of years :oops:

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
2,082 Posts
My RAV4 Hybrid just arrived at the dealership. They said I can come for it on Monday, I will send pictures when I pick on Monday.

I want to know what you guys think are "Must- have" essentials that I need to add? I live in BC, it doesn't snow a lot but it rains a lot, should I add the anti-rust and the remote starter? Is it worth it? What has been the experience for those who don't have the anti-rust?

Floor mats, cargo mat that covers the back of the back seats,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must haves for me (22 XSE):

an OEM tow hitch for a bike rack (I'm installing it myself)
Wireless carplay dongle
Seat covers in the back because my kids are pigs.

I'm doing a Fluid Film treatment for rust but that's probably not needed where I live. Also gonna get some door kick and sill protectors. Gotta keep this baby pristine until I can find a Prime in the next couple of years :oops:
I guess the Fluid Film treatment is the same as anti-rust? How much is the Fluid Film treatment cost at your end?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I’m not sure if your model comes with the all weather mats but it’s a must here in BC. Side window deflectors so you can crack open a window without rain streaming in. It seems Canadian models do come with different things than US models. I ordered a Limited (waiting since August) and believe it comes with all weather mats and cargo liner. I have the window deflector on my current car and will add to Rav when it comes in. Waffling about hood deflector.
I never added rust protection to my 2008 car and have no rust so don’t think I’ll add it. I think cars today have much better rust protection than they used to.

·
Registered
2021 Rav 4 Hybrid XSE
145 Posts
For me as i plan on keeping my Rav for sometime i got Xpel paint protection film for the entire front and ceramic coated the entire vehicle. Xpel is expensive but Ceramic Coating you can save money doing yourself.
Cargo mat was very worth getting as was winter mats. The Vehicle came with 2 sets of mats but i went with Tuxmat for winter ones as they protect more.

I did not rust coat my vehicle and have had it for about a year, Winter was more brutal then ever.
I purchased some cans of Krown which i will for sure spray before winter hits again.

·
Registered
770 Posts
You want a MUST HAVE upgrade that takes 20 minutes????

I love both of my Rav4's, with the aggressive front grill and exterior....
but the horn is pathetic....

this horn is not tooooo loud, its really perfect...

Installed on both my rav's

BTW:
Amazon may say not fitting your car, that is Dis-Information....

They fit fine

·
Registered
'22 XSE Hybrid | Silver Sky
101 Posts
You want a MUST HAVE upgrade that takes 20 minutes????

I love both of my Rav4's, with the aggressive front grill and exterior....
but the horn is pathetic....

this horn is not tooooo loud, its really perfect...

Installed on both my rav's

BTW:
Amazon may say not fitting your car, that is Dis-Information....

They fit fine
This is truth. Great, inexpensive way to improve your safety. Highly recommend also!

·
Registered
150 Posts
For me as i plan on keeping my Rav for sometime i got Xpel paint protection film for the entire front and ceramic coated the entire vehicle. Xpel is expensive but Ceramic Coating you can save money doing yourself.
Cargo mat was very worth getting as was winter mats. The Vehicle came with 2 sets of mats but i went with Tuxmat for winter ones as they protect more.

I did not rust coat my vehicle and have had it for about a year, Winter was more brutal then ever.
I purchased some cans of Krown which i will for sure spray before winter hits again.
May I ask how much you paid for the Xpel?

·
Registered
2022 XLE Premium AWD Hybrid
30 Posts
We are waiting on ours to arrive.

I have a slew of parts on my kitchen table waiting to go on. Most notably is the wind deflectors that cover the chrome pieces on the sides. We have a friend that does car wraps and he will be wrapping the roof (similar to an XSE) and doing X-Pel PPF on the whole front end of it after debadging

Then I’ll be doing the ceramic coating myself with the help and advice of another buddy who does high end car detailing

·
Registered
57 Posts
  • Mud flaps, because I drive offroad at times and the roadways are always wet where I live (W. Washington)
  • Organizers in the glove compartment, center console, and anywhere else you might need them (storage in short supply)
  • Seat covers for when my dog comes along (she's a bird dog and we hunt alot in the fall and winter)
  • Hitch receiver (?) for a bicycle and occasional towing (but waiting to buy / install after I conclude I really need it)
  • Roof rack for cargo box (Thule Force L) for trips when I need extra carrying capacity
  • All weather floor mats throughout for containing muck from sloppy boots, golf clubs / cart, dog, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I found window visors are a must for all the rain we get here on the Wetcoast. Fluid Film or Woolwax is also something I do for my vehicles, but YMMV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mind sharing a link? Looking for something reliable but shorter than my OEM Google cable that's wound up and clipped together haha
Also on Amazon. Note they only come in multi-packs. I also carry some 3-foot cables for anyone who may be riding with me so they can recharge (this is in addition to the cooler full of drinks--useful on birding trips).

1-foot USB-C

1-foot iPhone lightning

·
Registered
10 Posts
If 4 your new RAV4 has those useless halogen fog lights, upgrade them to a quality LED. I replaced mine with a set from AUXITO and it was literately a night and day difference. While your at get a set of LED backup bulbs from them as well. It makes a big difference, just not as big as the fog lights do.

·
Registered
150 Posts

How much did it cost you to XPEL the front of the car? Did it include the hood, Fender and bumper? Thank you in advance.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts