Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get any/all recommendations of LED (front and rear) turn signals you have used on this vehicle. If you can, add the link to where you bought them please. Looking for ones I don't have to buy an external relay to prevent hyperflash or that get too hot over a long period of time while in use. Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought two of these 2 bulb kits (4 bulbs total) and replaced all the turn signals with the same.

On the 2019, even thought the front blinker bulbs are 7443 (switchback), my understanding is that they do not actually do any switchback function so the simple on/off 7440/7441 bulbs do the trick for a little cheaper. No errors at all, no problems with hyperflash, and you don't need to put any relays or resistors inline.

My thoughts: they work great but they are BRIGHT. They definitely get your attention. So far it hasn't caused any problems but I sometimes feel bad for shorter vehicles waiting behind me in turn lanes late at night. If you care to see it, I can try to attach a video of the blinkers before and after which shows that the LEDs are pretty intense.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought two of these 2 bulb kits (4 bulbs total) and replaced all the turn signals with the same.

On the 2019, even thought the front blinker bulbs are 7443 (switchback), my understanding is that they do not actually do any switchback function so the simple on/off 7440/7441 bulbs do the trick for a little cheaper. No errors at all, no problems with hyperflash, and you don't need to put any relays or resistors inline.

My thoughts: they work great but they are BRIGHT. They definitely get your attention. So far it hasn't caused any problems but I sometimes feel bad for shorter vehicles waiting behind me in turn lanes late at night. If you care to see it, I can try to attach a video of the blinkers before and after which shows that the LEDs are pretty intense.
Damn those are pretty pricey...thanks for the insight though! I would def like to see the comparison. If they are worth the money, might be down to drop

·
Registered
282 Posts

Would be down to see a vid, not enough out there. I’ve replaced all my lights to LED except the turns.

Being in Canada we don’t have luxurious options w/o arm and a leg shipping costs, most reviews on amazon have peeps saying the bulbs still hyperflash even though they have built in resistors, so naturally I’m waiting to gauge more of an opinion. Pickings are slim, these LASFIT and SIRIUSLED’s seem to be the winners from my research, but pricey.

I was just messing around on amazon Japan lusting over their selection, came across these highly interesting T20’s with a very interesting cooling feature I’ve never seen before that may be useful in the tight space that is the rear housing. Don’t mind the Japanese, you’ll see what I mean.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would be down to see a vid, not enough out there. I’ve replaced all my lights to LED except the turns.

Being in Canada we don’t have luxurious options w/o arm and a leg shipping costs, most reviews on amazon have peeps saying the bulbs still hyperflash even though they have built in resistors, so naturally I’m waiting to gauge more of an opinion. Pickings are slim, these LASFIT and SIRIUSLED’s seem to be the winners from my research, but pricey.

I was just messing around on amazon Japan lusting over their selection, came across these highly interesting T20’s with a very interesting cooling feature I’ve never seen before that may be useful in the tight space that is the rear housing. Don’t mind the Japanese, you’ll see what I mean.

Well after doing a little research on those, I ordered lol. 2 packs (4 LEDs) $75 shipped. Had to create an Amazon Japan account, but everything else was pretty straight forward. I'll let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds like you ordered something else already, but in the event that someone else is interested, here is my before/after video with the Lasfit LED 4330/4331 blinker bulbs on the front end.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well after doing a little research on those, I ordered lol. 2 packs (4 LEDs) $75 shipped. Had to create an Amazon Japan account, but everything else was pretty straight forward. I'll let you know how it goes!

Please do! I'm still in research phase, but sloooowly leaning towards the JP ones as there is an active cooler, versus passive as with the other 2.

For $75, that ain't bad at all! for 4x bulbs. My only concern would be the longevity of the fan (similar design in aftermarket LED fogs), but it does look like it has a beefy enough heatsink to become a passive device before doing any real damage to the housing/sockets compared to other Amazon offerings. Share Style and Mixsuper seem to be the only ones with access to this LED design.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sounds like you ordered something else already, but in the event that someone else is interested, here is my before/after video with the Lasfit LED 4330/4331 blinker bulbs on the front end.

Cheers for that, loving the brightness! How many months have you been running the bulbs, during that time have you had the 4 ways on for say longer than 10 minutes, any noticeable errors/heat/problems?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cheers for that, loving the brightness! How many months have you been running the bulbs, during that time have you had the 4 ways on for say longer than 10 minutes, any noticeable errors/heat/problems?
I haven't encountered any issues, although I've never needed them on for any significant time period.

Edit: didn't answer your full question. Exterior LEDs were the very first thing I did, probably would have been in early September of 2019, so they've been running normally for 4 months or so. I also installed Lasfit LED reverse lights and those have been fine as well.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I haven't encountered any issues, although I've never needed them on for any significant time period.

Edit: didn't answer your full question. Exterior LEDs were the very first thing I did, probably would have been in early September of 2019, so they've been running normally for 4 months or so. I also installed Lasfit LED reverse lights and those have been fine as well.
Which 921s did you get for the reverse lights? I got the ones below. I ordered their 194s for the mirror courtesy light. Wanted the blinkers but right now not willing to spend 57 on a set. Want to see how the others turn out.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Which 921s did you get for the reverse lights? I got the ones below. I ordered their 194s for the mirror courtesy light. Wanted the blinkers but right now not willing to spend 57 on a set. Want to see how the others turn out.

For reverse lights, I got these, but I bought them on eBay because they could be had for cheaper:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
For reverse lights, I got these, but I bought them on eBay because they could be had for cheaper:

Are those pretty bright? I toyed with those and the ones I bought. Ended up suckering in and getting the more expensive ones...LOL.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
152 Posts
Are those pretty bright? I toyed with those and the ones I bought. Ended up suckering in and getting the more expensive ones...LOL.
I'm rarely behind the car as it backs up since I'm the driver (LOL) but from inside it's definite brighter with the LEDs compared to the stock halogens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wanted to get any/all recommendations of LED (front and rear) turn signals you have used on this vehicle. If you can, add the link to where you bought them please. Looking for ones I don't have to buy an external relay to prevent hyperflash or that get too hot over a long period of time while in use. Cheers!

Check out a company called VLEDS.

I have used them in my 2014 Rouge and my 2016 Tacoma, they are pricey but they are also Top Tier and the staff are great to deal with and give great tech support. They are in Washington State.

I will never use anything else!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I'm rarely behind the car as it backs up since I'm the driver (LOL) but from inside it's definite brighter with the LEDs compared to the stock halogens.
Got mine yesterday. Holy gravy they are bright! Not sure what the difference between what you bought and what I bought (same company; different tiers) but man, looks good and there is light behind the truck! Ill have to keep watching that website to watch for discounts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

If anyone is interested, I think I may sell the other set of LEDs. I order these exact ones from Japan. They are absolutely perfect! Installed for my front turn signals. No hyperflash or relay needed. However, don't think I'll be taking off my rear tail lights to install the second set. If anyone interested in purchasing them off me? I'll sell for exactly what they cost me ($37) plus $2 to ship them or whatever that costs.

For peace of mind, I shipped out 3 sets of door hinges to other forum members here because I accidentally ordered too many. All recipients were very pleased

PM Me if interested

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Holy gravy they are bright! Not sure what the difference between what you bought and what I bought (same company; different tiers) but man, looks good and there is light behind the truck! Ill have to keep watching that website to watch for discounts.
Hi - Can you clarify which ones you bought?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hi - Can you clarify which ones you bought?
Post 12 has both version being discussed.

I ordered:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts