Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Haven’t been on the forum in years. Just bought a 2020 RAV4 and I am already looking to mod it.
Was looking for recommendations on where to buy some new wheels and tires. I reached out to a connection I have with a major tire/wheel company and they just gave me list price. I have bought between 20-25 sets of wheels and tires from them, but that didn’t seem to make a difference on pricing. So now I am going to rely on yalls experiences. Please let me know of anyone you have dealt with that took good care of you. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tire Rack,
Excellent customer service ? . One stop shopping. Good selection. Excellent reviews!
Other folks have found better prices with more of a DIY approach.
My pirelli p zero all season plus and associated rims were purchased there. Snow tires on stock rims were purchased at Discount tire.
Cheers,

·
Registered
348 Posts
I always do my research on TireRack first. Then start comparing prices. Last few times I’ve gotten good deals at Discount Tire. We have 2 locations nearby, so it’s easy to get to them for tire rotations, etc. Costco is another place I’ve used in the past with good results.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've actually had really good experiences buying tires on Amazon, especially for AT/Off-roading tires. Usually, they have partnerships with Sears Auto and will do mounting and balancing for 14 bucks a tire.

Recently, I've been using a mobile tire person in my area who has super reasonable rates on tires. Their prices are 15-20 higher for each tire than found elsewhere, but mounting and balancing are included and they come to my home and bring the tires to me. This is especially helpful when I buy new wheels and prevents me from needing to drive back and forth to bring my old wheels and tires home. I'd check to see if you have a mobile installer/retailer in your area.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Amazon does have a surptisingly good selection of wheels and tires at really good prices. Ive bought a couple sets of wheels and tires on here over the years, and always had fast delivery and such.

Www.bbwheelsonline.com has a great wheel selection. Ive purchased two sets of wheels from there with no issues, and they even called me back on both sets to verify fitment. These are the only place I found a 16" wheel less than 7" wide that wasnt steel, AND they were super affordable.

I have found www.simpletire.com to have a good selection and consistently among the lowest prices.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After looking at over a hundred different wheels I finally picked out a set of wheels and tires. I should have them installed by this weekend. I will post it when they are on. Thank you to all who replied.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Research through tirerack online, but I end up going to americas tire or discount tire. They're always good for matching prices and go above and beyond with their customer service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, but I already bought my new set from my local Discount Tire. They went well above and beyond to help me out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how much?
As for how much? Let’s just say out of 17 different tire dealers that I contacted Discount Tire gave me the best deal hands down. Contact them here on the forum, they will take great care of you and even work with your local store to get you taken care of with installation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts