Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a city driver and live about 7 miles from my place of work. I bought my 2008 V4 Limited used six years ago at just under the 50k mark, and now she's reached that bigger milestone of 100k, I'm wondering if some major maintenance isn't needed. Oil changes and tire rotation are done at regular intervals, the brakes were replaced 5 years ago, the battery is fresh due to a warranty to replace the faulty one, and the radiator is new thanks to being hit head-on at a traffic light.

I'm weary of walking into a mechanic blind, so what absolutely needs to be discussed for Ravs at the 100k mark? Timing chain, belts, hoses, spark plugs? She doesn't run with any issues I have noticed, but that isn't to say something isn't lurking in the shadows.

I have a local mechanic in mind rather than the dealerships in my area (of which none have received stellar service reviews), but I still figure forewarned is forearmed. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Only special thing in the schedule is to replace the coolant. I'd replace the transmission fluid and brake fluid too, even though they are not in the maintenance schedule. Spark plugs are due at 120k.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have an oil change done and also have your timing belt, tires, and hoses checked. You can also choose to have your engine undergo a compression test.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
transmission oil change, coolant change if it was not changed when the radiator was replaced, change the brake fluid, if it's AWD, front and read differential oil changed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts