Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up an astounding 120.4% from this time last year!

9,382 of the not-so-little-anymore SUV's rolled out of dealerships and into new owner's hands. Surpassing even the top selling Highlander and every other SUV in the Toyota stable (though only by 600 units) -- it's the "best ever" monthly sales figure for the RAV!

Guess this bodes pretty well for Toyota's projected 130k or so in annual sales! Especially considering that although January was the launch month, it wasn't a full month of dealer availability.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060201/law097.html?.v=36
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,348 Posts
WOW... great start... but of course this is a NEW MODEL LAUNCH, so I would expect the first month to be BIG 8) Will be interesting to see how future months rate :D

I had noticed the VIN numbers in the 5000 range at work and thought THAT was HIGH :roll: We've currently been unable to process/ship any V6 models since last Thursday due to a COMPUTER glitch (NOT on the RAV4 ECU, it's for a part of the PAPERWORK that is included with the V6 model :roll: ). Sure hope they get if fixed soon... as the V6's are starting to PILE UP :lol:
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
WOW... great start... but of course this is a NEW MODEL LAUNCH, so I would expect the first month to be BIG 8) Will be interesting to see how future months rate :D

I had noticed the VIN numbers in the 5000 range at work and thought THAT was HIGH :roll: We've currently been unable to process/ship any V6 models since last Thursday due to a COMPUTER glitch (NOT on the RAV4 ECU, it's for a part of the PAPERWORK that is included with the V6 model :roll: ). Sure hope they get if fixed soon... as the V6's are starting to PILE UP :lol:
If you have a flint mica v6 sport. That ones mine! :D
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
NedKelly said:
Kelly Smith said:
WOW... great start... but of course this is a NEW MODEL LAUNCH, so I would expect the first month to be BIG 8) Will be interesting to see how future months rate :D

I had noticed the VIN numbers in the 5000 range at work and thought THAT was HIGH :roll: We've currently been unable to process/ship any V6 models since last Thursday due to a COMPUTER glitch (NOT on the RAV4 ECU, it's for a part of the PAPERWORK that is included with the V6 model :roll: ). Sure hope they get if fixed soon... as the V6's are starting to PILE UP :lol:
If you have a flint mica v6 sport. That ones mine! :D
I'm upset the one color I want isn't available for what I want. I want the Flint Mica V6 LIMITED. :(
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully, yes! 8)

Also remember that when Toyota's Woodstock, Canada RAV4 line goes live in 2008, it'll crank out 100k a year! :shock:

Then again... While I'd be delighted to see the RAV4 succeed and finally stomp on the CRV in sales figures, I don't want to see RAV4's anywhere and everywhere, belonging to everyone and their mother. Dilutes its cache! All the wannabes finally catching on to what we RAV'ers knew years ago... Kinda like how early adopters of the iPod feel like now... :wink: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
karrock said:
Also remember that when Toyota's Woodstock, Canada RAV4 line goes live in 2008, it'll crank out 100k a year! :shock:
{...}
I don't want to see RAV4's anywhere and everywhere, belonging to everyone and their mother. Dilutes its cache!
My outlook is exactly the opposite. It just goes to show how different RAV4 owners these days are, I suppose. Firstly, I do not expect much from Canadia. A truly Japanese car was my preference. And seconfly, I'd love to see everyone and his mother driving RAV4. It is sure to make wonders to the accessories market.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
WOW... great start... but of course this is a NEW MODEL LAUNCH, so I would expect the first month to be BIG 8) Will be interesting to see how future months rate :D

I had noticed the VIN numbers in the 5000 range at work and thought THAT was HIGH :roll: We've currently been unable to process/ship any V6 models since last Thursday due to a COMPUTER glitch (NOT on the RAV4 ECU, it's for a part of the PAPERWORK that is included with the V6 model :roll: ). Sure hope they get if fixed soon... as the V6's are starting to PILE UP :lol:
What is interesting is the Highlander only dipped 2.2% in sales year to year. (of course that factors in hybrid highlanders, but still). Also you guys are too quick to jump that it's a success. It's too soon to see what happens, I'm optimistic it'll even go higher, but it's still too early, only one month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,223 Posts
A guy I work with just picked up a 2006 Highlander. He looked at the new RAV4 but didn't like it as much. So there certainly still is room for the Highlander in the line-up for now.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
flyingn said:
csis_agent said:
What is interesting is the Highlander only dipped 2.2% in sales year to year. (of course that factors in hybrid highlanders, but still). Also you guys are too quick to jump that it's a success. It's too soon to see what happens, I'm optimistic it'll even go higher, but it's still too early, only one month.
would you like to make a friendly bet? The 06 will have a 1 year sales of better then any RAV any year.? Would you like to take that bet?
Of course I think it is going to get better sales. Hence when I wrote "I'm optimistic it'll even go higher." My point is you can't say it is successful based on one month worth of data. Also toyota's target I believe is close to 130,000. So there are several other factors we need to be looking at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
654 Posts
csis_agent said:
Of course I think it is going to get better sales. Hence when I wrote "I'm optimistic it'll even go higher." My point is you can't say it is successful based on one month worth of data. Also toyota's target I believe is close to 130,000. So there are several other factors we need to be looking at.
I still think the Highlander targets a slightly different group of buyers. Sure there'll be overlaps but when the Highlander gets a make over (I'm assuming this), it'll dig deeper into the luxury line and that's a whole new arean!
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
puttputt said:
csis_agent said:
Of course I think it is going to get better sales. Hence when I wrote "I'm optimistic it'll even go higher." My point is you can't say it is successful based on one month worth of data. Also toyota's target I believe is close to 130,000. So there are several other factors we need to be looking at.
I still think the Highlander targets a slightly different group of buyers. Sure there'll be overlaps but when the Highlander gets a make over (I'm assuming this), it'll dig deeper into the luxury line and that's a whole new arean!
It is getting a makeover, it is going to grow in size & luxury.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, the RAV4 and Highlander were previously refreshed and introduced at the same time for the 2001 model year, so it makes sense that when the new RAV4 made its appearance, that a new Highlander is somewhere nearby in striking distance.

Like the new Camry, though, they need to make it bigger, work on a larger lineup of sub-models and improve on an already successful platform, what with a four-cylinder, V6 and hybrid drivetrain to worry about. The Camry comes in five flavors now (CE, LE, SE, XLE and Hybrid), and I'd almost expect the replacement Highlander to also have more than the current three (Base, Limited, Hybrid) -- maybe a Sport or even two levels of Hybrids? (choice of an I4 or a V6 for economy vs. power).

The FT-SX was introduced as a "concept vehicle", but as a whole, the automotive industy surmises that it's a sign of things to come for the Highlander, which is a more dynamic and daring design -- but of course, since Toyota's so good about keeping new models under wraps until launch, we won't truly know until it happens.

 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
i doubt highlander will be darring desing. It is made for traditional buyers.
Sporty ones can go to the V6 Rav4's....

current blandy Highlander is still selling great, i very much doubt that Toyota will change its mission completly.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't expect Toyota to go whole hog and replicate the concept vehicle with only minor changes for a production model, but like the new Camry, I do expect it to get a noticible injection of style and features to further differentiate it from the rival Pilot and upsized SantaFe, among others.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top