Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

We purchased a used 2010 Limited 6 cylinder with 40K kilometers this past winter and so far we love it. Now that the warm weather has finally arrived it is doing something weird. When I start it the recycle air setting is engaged automatically and the light for that button is lit. I have to turn it off every time i start the Rav. Anyone know what the heck is going on? I rarely if ever drive with the recycling air on and it is a bit of a pain in the neck having to turn it off.

Thanks
Matthews1

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Hmm looking through the manual and as I've experienced the only time it should automatically switch to recirculated air is when you ask for the coldest temp.
"The system may switch automatically to recirculated mode when the coolest temperature setting is selected in summer."

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
I turned off this behavior with Techstream and my laptop, but after a year of so, I decided it worked better the way the factory programmed it. If recirculate is on when I don't want it, I push the button. It may or may not come on next time I start the car depending on what the "neural net" decides.

You can read how the automatic climate control works here:

AC Description

1 - 4 of 4 Posts