Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the Canadian Rav4s have some additional features especially in the higher trim levels. That got me thinking about what other regional differences are there and would any of them be something you wish were offered here in the US?

Canada Limited Rav4's get heated steering wheel, wiper deicing and on the hybrid, rain-sensing wipers. SE's get the heated wheel and wiper deice while the hybrid XLE gets wipers deice and rain sensing. Not sure if there are other differences.

Outside of North America, power retractable side mirrors are offered in higher trims as well as a FWD hybrid, manual transmission and of course diesel. Strangely, Europe has more color choices for the hybrid as well.

For me, I really wish that I had the Canadian options as Chicago gets just as cold as southern Canada. I'm not sure why Toyota doesn't offer a Winter package for northern US states. That said, I still love my Rav.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wiper deicing seems like a must on my 4Runner (2007 Ltd) as well as my wife's 2010 RAV4 Ltd. Southern WI gets winter as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
No TPMS in Canada. Saved me ~CAD$300 (sensors, programming, tax) for my winter tires.

The heated steering wheel is good but there is no low setting. Right now it gets very warm quickly and and maybe a little too warm so then I shut it off. I'd prefer a low setting. However, more importantly, it does not warm the top and bottom of the steering wheel. Just the sides.

We have an Electric Storm Blue RAV4 Limited Hybrid with Cinnamon interior. I noticed you can't order that in some states like New York. OTOH, no Ash or Nutmeg SofTex at all in Canada. In contrast, the SofTex interior of my 2012 Prius Plug-in is Ash. That Prius also has TPMS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts