Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 RAV4 prime and I’m having difficulty reinstalling the front two tiedown anchors in the back of the vehicle. I took them out some months ago, along with the other two, trying to chase down a rattling noise and have never been successful getting them back in.

Any advice or pointers, or photos of what the properly reinstalled anchors look like? Not sure how I’m screwing it up. Thanks for any guidance!

·
Registered
2022 Rav4 Prime SE, 2016 Leaf with upgraded 40kwh battery, 2014 Prius, 1965 F100 Inline 6
210 Posts
Well, for one, I thought there was only one tie down on the rear of the vehcile, so I am confused. Do you mean the plugs in the tie down holes? There are oval holes in the frames that are used as anchor points for shipping. Tie down is another term. But, the dealer is supposed to put a plug in them. Confused.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry if I’m not being clear. The four metal tiedown points inside the vehicle. One in each corner of the area of the vehicle that you access by opening up the hatch. You might use them to tie down a dog kennel or some luggage or that kind of thing.

·
Registered
2022 Rav4 Prime SE, 2016 Leaf with upgraded 40kwh battery, 2014 Prius, 1965 F100 Inline 6
210 Posts
Ahhh. Someone I bet has some photos or will even go take them for you. My vehicle is away at this very moment or I'd try . I need to learn to post pics......

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve tried a few different approaches in an effort to line up that little plastic notch but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. However I align the tiedown point as I am attaching it with my ratchet wrench it seems to still want to go in about an eighth of an inch or more, but it won’t, and it is able to spin around. Can’t imagine that is intended but maybe it is.

Are the two forward most tiedown points on other peoples vehicles able to move around?

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE in Magnetic Gray
943 Posts
I’ve tried a few different approaches in an effort to line up that little plastic notch but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. However I align the tiedown point as I am attaching it with my ratchet wrench it seems to still want to go in about an eighth of an inch or more, but it won’t, and it is able to spin around. Can’t imagine that is intended but maybe it is.

Are the two forward most tiedown points on other peoples vehicles able to move around?
Yes, my forward ties can rotate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts